Pixelated pics after upgrade on 6+

Texatl

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Noticing an odd issues on my 6+ after upgrading to iOS11... pics have a very weird pixelation. And I am noticing it more and more on. Not only my pics but my families pics after they have upgraded. Pics look “ok” but you can tell something looks odd. Then zooming in- all the edges have super fine pixelation.

Has anyone else seen this? I tried to turn off the new codecs or basically revert back to jpg. To see if that would help, but the 6+ doesn’t have the same camera setting as later phones on 11.

Thoughts?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Are the photos pixelated when you look at them on a computer? If not it could be your display. If it is then you might want to try to restore the phone from backup and take a look at the pictures after that.

Texatl

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Watercolour effect, had it on my 7,7+ and now 8+.

Seems to be an issue, which has been discussed in the Apple support forums

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7691303?start=900&tstart=0

Here is a sample, taken with my 8+, is it the same with you?

https://imgur.com/gallery/tA9ta

Yes but more pronounced. Almost kinda cartoonish on my end. Like it wants to look good, but you can t lol somethings not right. And then when you zoom in- watercolor eff ct is a good term for it.

My wife just noticed it from her sister’s phone too- pic sent via iMessage.

I’ll go check apple forums for a reason. Can this be fixed??

I’ll check on thit computer too (good idea, but not feeling confident it’s my screen on my 6+ since seeing it from others)

Texatl

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Are the photos pixelated when you look at them on a computer? If not it could be your display. If it is then you might want to try to restore the phone from backup and take a look at the pictures after that.

Yes- just checked and it’s worse when viewed on my MB air.

Texatl

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Read the last few posts here as well:

Who’s getting one?
https://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=393472

Ok I just read that thread and the Apple discussions thread... same issue.

It’s random. I just took 2 test pics, in low light and they turned out fine.

But I am noticing auto-focus is really jumpy and any shake causes me to see similar on screen before I take a pic.
Still investigating. ;-) this is gonna bug me until I figure it out.

And this doesn’t help the upgrade situation since I was looking at an 8+ or the X since this 6+ was getting long in tooth. But if it does the same over with a new on i’ll Be very grumpy.

Texatl

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I also went back in time to a number of pre-iOS11 pics from this phone and NONE had this issue. And I take a fair number of pics. Ugh.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Looks like there are a few issues with HEIF that are cropping up. It's really the one big change with photos on iOS 11.

Sent via the Communications Center of the Takari

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR