New App Store - a mess?

Graham Lee77

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Is it just me or is the new App Store a buggy mess that needs immediate attention?

Since getting iOS 11 it’s been sluggish, freezes, crashes and generally really bad.

Like the look and the new way it’s split for games and apps, but I find on my 7 Plus and my iPad Pro 10.5 there are random crashes back to the home screen, and sluggishness where it’s thinking about what you’ve just pressed on.

Some of my apps in my purchased screen are missing, but then magically reappear a bit later.

Updates is another serious chore. Updates freeze when you press update, sometimes for hours even when you’re on a strong WiFi connection, and I’ve even had apps start to update and I’ll come back to them a bit later and the update completely failed and I’ll start again.

I don’t usually moan about iOS but I can be the only one who thinks this is still buggy and needed more time before release?

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
It took some getting use to, but I'm happy with the new app store. Not having any of the issues that you're having though. I've been beta testing 11 on both my iPhone and iPad since it first came out.... you should of seen it then. It was a complete and utter mess. 100% better now on my devices.

Did you do a reset of all your settings? Did you try resetting network settings?

If none of those worked then try performing an encrypted backup with complete wipe and reinstall of iOS. Before reinstalling your backup test everything. If it's working fine, then reinstall your backup. Let us know how that worked.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I hate the new app store. It's to jumbled with junk that makes things hard to find. I don't need a magazine, I only want to download and update apps. I don't yet have it on my phone, but I got a good look on my Wife's phone. I almost never found the purchased list. IMO, they've added too much unnecessary garbage that gets in the way. I liked the app store before iOS 7 better.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I hate the new app store. It's to jumbled with junk that makes things hard to find. I don't need a magazine, I only want to download and update apps. I don't yet have it on my phone, but I got a good look on my Wife's phone. I almost never found the purchased list. IMO, they've added too much unnecessary garbage that gets in the way. I liked the app store before iOS 7 better.

I don’t agree. The new AppStore made it easier for me to discover new apps. In iOS 10 and prior it was harder to find good suggestions.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
The new AppStore made it easier for me to discover new apps. In iOS 10 and prior it was harder to find good suggestions.

Same for me. Today tab is great for new app suggestions. I found two camera apps for light trails yesterday that I didn't know existed.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I’m also on Team New App Store. Discovering new apps is way better and I actually like reading some of the other things they have on there now. Instead of just flinging app suggestions at us they actually give us insightful information.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with the new app store as far as crashes and so forth. It does take a bit to get used to the new layout though.

Sent via the Communications Center of the Takari

Moneymiike420

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

Well said I agree,haven’t experienced too many bugs though

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It took some adjusting to, but I have not had any crashes or issue finding what I need. I think the biggest challenge initially was finding my purchased list, but that didn't take that long. I have grown to appreciate what they are doing with it now that I have used it for a little while.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It took some adjusting to, but I have not had any crashes or issue finding what I need. I think the biggest challenge initially was finding my purchased list, but that didn't take that long. I have grown to appreciate what they are doing with it now that I have used it for a little while.

That's my problem. I don't have it yet. And going to it on my Wife's phone once was confusing. Finding the purchased list took a minute or so. Once I get it next year, I'll probably get used to it.

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I don't like the new App Store much, especially for updating apps, the screen is too "busy" and having to look around on a broader scale to see everything with the separate columns. Will take getting used to.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2