Battery Saving Tips

rsidhaarth

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi All,

I am on my new iPhone 8 Plus. And I am coming from Windows Phone.

In order to preserve my battery to an extent is there anything I may miss on iPhone or IOS specifically.

I am aware of normal smart phone things. If you guys can tip me off it will really helps.

My current settings as follows

1) True tone enabled.
2) Low brightness.
3) Location all time on and apps are allowed to use when using them other than certain apps.
4) Mobile data all time on.
5) Bluetooth all time on since I use my headset.
6) Using 3rd party keyboard, swift. Does it impact?
7) Background process enabled for most apps.
8) Syncing 10 emails.
9) Lock screen enabled within 30 seconds.
10) 3D touch enabled. I don't use it often though.

Do I have to change some thing which can boost my results? If I miss something please do let me know.

Thanks in advance for reading and posting.

rsidhaarth

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
I have turned of auto brightness and turned of auto lock. Do these really bring impact to battery life? This is suggested in this video.

iPh6ne6

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
You’re coming over from Windows.

Enjoy the phone and see what works for you instead of worrying about battery already

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Why don’t you use the iPhone as it’s meant to be?
You can always bring around an external battery pack or a battery case :)

rsidhaarth

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
I have asked the question to save battery because. I travel a lot and I can't be with out my phone for a min. I get lots of calls and mails.

And there might be lots of internal settings which might waste the battery even though am not getting benefit out of it. Why I have to waste them?

Hence I opened this topic and I got some valuable insight on the above video. I did those settings.

Let's see how it helps.

All I want is that, my phone needs to last a day without gaming.

Luiz Brunner

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Non of those settings will do magic to your battery life as long as the phone is being constantly in use, those settings will help to limit what your phone will do when not in use. Not sure there is anything out for iPhone 8 yet, but my impression is that you will greatly benefit from a nice battery case. If not, you can try keeping power saving mode on and see if that will help.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have asked the question to save battery because. I travel a lot and I can't be with out my phone for a min. I get lots of calls and mails.

And there might be lots of internal settings which might waste the battery even though am not getting benefit out of it. Why I have to waste them?

Hence I opened this topic and I got some valuable insight on the above video. I did those settings.

Let's see how it helps.

All I want is that, my phone needs to last a day without gaming.

If you have a battery case, you’ll be able to use your iPhone without having to worry about the battery life.

I play games all day, full brightness, etc...

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Why don’t you use the iPhone as it’s meant to be?
You can always bring around an external battery pack or a battery case :)
Totally agree ... I've never understood the mentality of crippling your new wizbang device. If what you wanted was a dumb phone, you should've bought dumb phone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Keep in mind the big 3 battery users are Screen brightness, push notifications, and location services. Anything you can do to minimize those helps.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Keep in mind the big 3 battery users are Screen brightness, push notifications, and location services. Anything you can do to minimize those helps.

Very true. I’ve recently moved to a place where there’s windows everywhere and I need 100% screen brightness to complement the new surroundings, which drains my battery life too quickly.