Windows phone design elements

werner6769

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I am a former Windows phone user. It struck me in my limited use of iOS 11 how many windows phone type elements are in the UI.

1. Large font in app titles.

2. Blocky design of control centre. (Tiles?)

3. Zoom in home screen like in Windows 10.

4. More dark mode options.

5. Slide up unlock animation.

Did Apple hire ex Windows Phone people?

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing the control center was designed that way because of all the stuff they wanted to put on that one screen without having to use a second screen as was done in iOS 10. They fit better that way. And who knows about employees. They hire the best they can find from all over. The large font, which I hate, probably because of complaints from some who can't find stuff. Just a guess.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The header fonts are awful, and have been so since Windows Phone 7, but at least they aren’t persistent. On WP7, the designs were favoring panoramic navigation, which means you lost a ton of screen real estate to those headers.

It’s pretty clear where the inspiration for Control Center comes from. It’s basically the iOS rip-off of Windows Start, the same way Today was a rip-off of the Google Now pane on Android phones.

Moneymiike420

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
The header fonts are awful, and have been so since Windows Phone 7, but at least they aren’t persistent. On WP7, the designs were favoring panoramic navigation, which means you lost a ton of screen real estate to those headers.

It’s pretty clear where the inspiration for Control Center comes from. It’s basically the iOS rip-off of Windows Start, the same way Today was a rip-off of the Google Now pane on Android phones.

Same way google modeled the pixel phone off the iPhone...same way Samsung too made their galaxy s6 literally identical to iPhone but with their contemptible parts that were poorly manufactured and batteries that blow up on ya..

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone 6 is basically a loosely cloned HTC One. What is your point? I am not here to debate useless topics with fandoms.