imessage disappear from lock screen

Dsgcobra

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
two different iPhones and users, a 6s(my wife's phone) and 6s plus(mine) both running 11.0.1. Since 11.0 they both have imessage notification disappearing from the lock screen. neither of us has an apple watch connect or mac to say we are checking the messages from another device. I can see someone sent me a message, the display turns on, while the phone is sitting on my desk a few minutes later I can go to check the message and the notification is no longer on the lock screen. Sometimes this causing me to miss a message as the only way to see I have a new message is by unlocking the phone and have the badge over the message app. anyone else seeing this behavior or know how to resolve it

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm not seeing this, no. The only think that I can think of is Settings / Notifications / Messages - make sure that "Show in history" is turned on. And maybe turn on repeat alerts?

Also, when the lock screen is showing, swipe up to show "Earlier today" to see if maybe they are still there?

Dsgcobra

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Went through the setting and they are like you said and it is turned on. I shut them all off and then back on hopefully they clear it up.

Funny part it's only happening with imessage no other alerts.

Dsgcobra

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
tried the soft reset on both same behavior. I'm thinking a restore of iOS may clear it. i just may deal with it as we are both hopfully upgrading to the iphone X

meowmixkittycrew

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
Hi- confirming I have experienced the same issue even on iOS 11.1.1. I have been in touch with Apple care and my case is being sent to the engineers. Just like you all- message shows on lock screen. Ignore it. Message falls off lock screen. I had to enable the messaging debugging profile from Apple, take screen shots showing it happening, and then upload debugging files to Apple for their engineers to review. I invite any of you all to also create tickets with Apple so they can correct this issue quickly. I am running an iPhone 6s. My iPad, iPhone, and watch are all updated. I know it happens without me touching any of my other devices because it is most apparent at night when I wake up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2