Zoom in home screen

werner6769

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I've noticed that they have changed the animation in iOS 11 when you return to the home screen. Now it is a zoom in effect instead of the fly in icons of all generations before. The effect is made by having the wallpaper zoom away in the background to give the illusion that the icons are moving towards you.

For some reason this new effect really bothers me. I don't know why. What do others think about it?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The animations began in iOS 7. I never liked them, and have had reduce motion on since. I'm not on 11, so can't see what you see. But if it bothers you, turn reduce motion on in settlngs > General > Accessibility.

werner6769

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
There was some opening and closing animations in iOS 5 and 6 as far as I remember but not as much. I've tried the reduce motion option in the past but feel it goes too far. I wish they would stick with tried and true for awhile before changing things again. Oh well, first world problems as they say.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There was some opening and closing animations in iOS 5 and 6 as far as I remember but not as much. I've tried the reduce motion option in the past but feel it goes too far. I wish they would stick with tried and true for awhile before changing things again. Oh well, first world problems as they say.

The "fly in icons" or what I call "swoop in" started with iOS 7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal