iOS 11 vs IOS 10 battery??

mouadhanafi

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
I saw some battery tests between iOS 10 and iOS 11 , it show that iOS 10 has one more hour in screen on time , and that's the only reason that stopping me from updating my iPhone 7 to 11

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To each his or her own, but 1 hour less battery life would not prevent “me” from getting the device I want, especially when I have power cables / wireless chargers at my home, office and car, just in case.

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Battery life on ios 11 was horrible on my iPhone 7, even with my battery case on! I am so glad I was able to revert back to 10.3.3.. there was nothing that 'great' in ios 11 to make me want to kill my battery life.. actually I prefer the control panel and definitely the notifications screen in ios 10 better!

mouadhanafi

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
Battery life on ios 11 was horrible on my iPhone 7, even with my battery case on! I am so glad I was able to revert back to 10.3.3.. there was nothing that 'great' in ios 11 to make me want to kill my battery life.. actually I prefer the control panel and definitely the notifications screen in ios 10 better!

Yes control panel in ios 10 is beautiful than in the ios 11 and i use a lot the 3D touch in the left side for recent apps , i heard they removed this trick in iOS 11

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I keep reading about this worst battery life thing on many places and forums but have yet to experience it myself on my iPhone 7 Plus.
Hopefully those with worse battery life will have improvement soon.

JakubRWrobel

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I keep reading about this worst battery life thing on many places and forums but have yet to experience it myself on my iPhone 7 Plus.
Hopefully those with worse battery life will have improvement soon.

I did find improvement - after I downgraded to 10.3.3 :biggrin:

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I’m curious and I tried it on my own (iphone 7, latest os)

Charged 100%, used it for 6 hours straight non stop (browsing, reading news app, reading facebook, some youtube video), battery = 1% then shut off

Don’t know it’s still good, average or bad, never pay attention to it before

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
To each his or her own, but 1 hour less battery life would not prevent “me” from getting the device I want, especially when I have power cables / wireless chargers at my home, office and car, just in case.

My iPhone 7 Plus literally does while sitting on a desk with no apps running overnight. Almost 95% to 2% (phone auto shuts off) in standby on WiFi with nothing running.

Good thing I wasn’t back home when the Hurricane hit...

I have never had this happen to me, ever, on any other device.

Also, losing 1H SoT is a lot. These phones already die fast on LTE, and using the phone while charging is like putting your hand over a toaster. SOT is just a general metric people use to measure battery life. If it loses an hour when the screen is one, then that’s hourS of standby and music playback time lost.

Maybe software can polish this out a bit, but I have definitely noticed the worst battery life. It now feels more like a iPhone 7 (and not a Plus) to me.

The only reason I’m willing to put up with how absolutely huge this phone is is because of better battery life. When an update ruins it, the device becomes a massive inconvenience and I began actively avoiding it (pun intended).

I’ve already put a Google Account on my M8, because the battery life on that 3+ year old phone is now on par with my iPhone 7+, with the same resolution screen, but none of the inconveniences (like being absolutely massive in comparison to it).

I hadn’t even thought of that until I started writing this reply, actually. I’m basically carying the iPhone and not using it simply because I’m too lazy to put the SIM in my M8... which I’ve actually been using for everything except texting and making phone calls.

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I have both the iPhone 6s plus and 7 plus both running 11.1.2 and the battery life on the 6s is better than the 7 plus. The battery life on 6s plus is longer than 7 plus. It must be a hardware thing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner