I have noticed that if you turn off "Backgorund App Refresh", if you go to Settings > Twitter, for example, it will still show It turned ON, but un-editable. This is confirmed by my battery usage stats showing "Backgorund Activity" on Twitter draining the vast majority of my battery life.

If you turn "Background App Refresh" ON, then turn it off specifically for Twitter (or whatever other app), and then the whole feature OFF; go back to Settings > Twitter and you'll see it's now off.

Summary: Turning off "Background App Refresh" feature does NOT turn it off for everything as it indicates; you still have to go in and edit it for the specific app.

Since doing this my battery is working beautifully.
    jrdatrackstar1223 and libra89 like this.
    09-27-2017 04:17 PM
    I have noticed that if you turn off "Backgorund App Refresh", if you go to Settings > Twitter, for example, it will still show It turned ON, but un-editable. This is confirmed by my battery usage stats showing "Backgorund Activity" on Twitter draining the vast majority of my battery life.

If you turn "Background App Refresh" ON, then turn it off specifically for Twitter (or whatever other app), and then the whole feature OFF; go back to Settings > Twitter and you'll see it's now off.

Summary: Turning off "Background App Refresh" feature does NOT turn it off for everything as it indicates; you still have to go in and edit it for the specific app.

I asked this question a while ago while on IOS 10. I will try it again because maybe background activity behaves differently in 11.0.1? I shouldn’t have to change my old settings tho every time a freaking update comes out I guess is my problem...sigh..

And to think...I left my Nexus 5 behind because of battery life and reliability lol.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    09-27-2017 08:53 PM

Thanks for the tip...
    09-27-2017 09:10 PM

I've been testing this theory out, as well the past week.
    Either off completely or only while set to "WI-FI".
    I do believe this helps.

Also, testing Location services/gps even though my apps are set to "While using" to just turning it off OFF. (Turned a feedback in for this) of course with it all off battery life increased b/c its not pinging anything.
    09-28-2017 08:23 AM
    The battery drain "glitch" is what I like to call the placebo effect.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    09-28-2017 01:03 PM
    I noticed that Photos was set up by default to use Cellular Data. Same with Google Photos. So at work this week I've been taking some pictures to capture serial numbers, input into a database, then delete the pictures.

Since cell signal is ok within the building, "Settings\Battery\Battery Usage" was showing Photos with "Low Signal" at times up to 7%. I disabled Cellular Data for the two photos apps, and will see if this helps.

Like with those above, I've set some apps to "While Using" or "Off" for Background and Location Services. Don't know why some of the apps became "enabled" again after restoring from my 6S+. Perhaps recent updates since the restore.

Will see how these two adjustments impact battery life over the next few workweeks.
    09-29-2017 05:57 AM
    The battery drain "glitch" is what I like to call the placebo effect.
    How so?
    09-29-2017 08:40 AM
    How so?
    If I’m not mistaken the toggle works like a placebo, telling you it did something while in fact it hasn’t..
    09-29-2017 08:43 AM
    If I’m not mistaken the toggle works like a placebo, telling you it did something while in fact it hasn’t..
    Don't even get me started on the toggles in iOS 11. I'd love to know what apple's reason for the change was.
    rayporsche likes this.
    09-29-2017 08:47 AM
    Don't even get me started on the toggles in iOS 11. I'd love to know what apple's reason for the change was.
    That’s a discussion for another thread.
    09-29-2017 08:52 AM
    That’s a discussion for another thread.
    It's also a question nobody seems to have an answer to
    09-29-2017 08:56 AM
    It's been discussed in another thread, but Apple's stated reasons are at the top of this support page: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208086
    Sherry_B and Tartarus like this.
    09-29-2017 09:35 AM
    I noticed some time ago that with every new update most of what I had turned off got turned on again !
    09-30-2017 03:26 PM
    What is the complete solution for baseband problem on IPhones update works for a day.downgrade works for a day can download from OTA work?
    09-30-2017 05:34 PM