IOS 11 Woes

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I’m on iOS 11 as many of you and I’ve had issue after issue. Looking to see if anyone is having similar experiences.

1. Sending a screenshot takes FOREVER. I’ll snap the screenshot, then tap the icon in the bottom left. Once I hit the send button, I’ll literally wait 10 seconds for the next screen to display where I can select the recipient. Extremely frustrating for such lag to exist.

2. Today, my screen went black on 4 separate occasions. I will get a response from my home button and can feel the vibrate but nothing will display. My screen will remain black. I can successfully send a message from my Apple Watch so I know my phone is still on. Just can’t do anything until I either wait it out or perform a reset of the device.

3. Random application reboots.

4. Lock screen Music widget not working. My iPhone will be playing music but the widget doesn’t respond to any presses and it actually appears as though nothing is playing although music is coming from it.

Prior to iOS 11, my 7 Plus was working wonderfully. After the update, its under the weather.

I have performed a hard reset and restored my data. I’m afraid I’ll be doing a hard reset and starting from scratch. I just wanted to get some input on if anyone else is having similar issues and if those issues continued even after starting from scratch.

dubstir

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
I installed the GM on Monday and used it for about 5 hours before reverting back to 10.3.3. I use my 7+ as a daily driver for both work and personal, but 11 made it feel more "fun" than "productive". By productive I mean, one example: we use text a lot, now 11 threw yet another item into the Messages App (the app bar). How many times do people actually share anything besides photos/videos within a text to justify Apple adding a constant way of sharing apps?

I wish there was a way to disable items, similar to removing the emoji keyboard. IMO, iOS 11 just seems to be geared towards teens/tweens.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
No issues on my 7+. Basically feels like I'm still on 10.3, except for areas where things have changed (like the screenshot workflow). No issues. No crashes or anything, either. Might wanna do a factory reset if you're having those kind of issues (it's what I would fix these things with on Android).

High Sierra wasn't nearly as smooth an upgrade as iOS 11, though that's a story for a different thread.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I installed the GM on Monday and used it for about 5 hours before reverting back to 10.3.3. I use my 7+ as a daily driver for both work and personal, but 11 made it feel more "fun" than "productive". By productive I mean, one example: we use text a lot, now 11 threw yet another item into the Messages App (the app bar). How many times do people actually share anything besides photos/videos within a text to justify Apple adding a constant way of sharing apps?

I wish there was a way to disable items, similar to removing the emoji keyboard. IMO, iOS 11 just seems to be geared towards teens/tweens.

Do you want iOS 11 to get off your lawn?

But seriously, it would be nice for iMessage to allow users to customize the extras bar.

Sent via the Communications Center of the Takari

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Wow, I'm so sorry you're having issues. I am using it on my iPhone 6s and my iPad Air2 without issue. I did talk to someone earlier today at work and she is having issues with her iPhone 5s.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I’ve found the App Store to be very ropey on my 9.7 iPad Pro. Seems to reload pages a lot, you’re just going to select something and the screen redraws. If you’d just done a search then you probably have to start over again

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thus far, I’m not having any iOS 11 woes - at least not with my iPhone 8. I haven’t really been on my iPad Pro in about a week. I need to update it to iOS 11.0.1 when I get a chance.

ReeseyKups

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So today went for a jog using the Nike+ running app and the stock activity app on AW2. both logged the run but because the Nike gave me more calories burned I deleted the stock activity. But the Nike+ while still showing as a workout on the watch isn't being counted toward closing my activity ring. Prior to updating to iOS 11 (last night updated to 11.0.1) this hadn't been a problem. Not very happy but I know how to decrease my rings for the day to get them to close. Shouldn't have to resort to this tactic though, it should just sync.

Open to any suggestions. And yes, I've done a reset on the phone (7sPlus) and watch (AW2). Thanks for the options.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Alright, I came across some woes. The auto-spell checker has gone friggin’ berserk . I had to go back and edit a few of my posts in which I know I spelled the words correctly when I typed them. For example, I distinctly typed “buy” in regard to making a purchase, but the spellchecker opted to change it to “by”. I don’t like that crap at all! It’s as if I’m having to retrain the device all over again. What the heck! Sometimes I don’t have time to proofread, but I suppose I’m going to have to make time, huh? This is crazy.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't like the new App Store. It's too busy and difficult to find what I'm looking for. Like to never found my purchased list. Way too junky for my liking.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't like the new App Store. It's too busy and difficult to find what I'm looking for. Like to never found my purchased list. Way too junky for my liking.

It does take some getting used to. Still, Like you, I prefer the previous layout over the current.