IOS 11 Woes

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Alright, I came across some woes. The auto-spell checker has gone friggin’ berserk . I had to go back and edit a few of my posts in which I know I spelled the words correctly when I typed them. For example, I distinctly typed “buy” in regard to making a purchase, but the spellchecker opted to change it to “by”. I don’t like that crap at all! It’s as if I’m having to retrain the device all over again. What the heck! Sometimes I don’t have time to proofread, but I suppose I’m going to have to make time, huh? This is crazy.

"to" always turns to "T.I" on my phone for some odd reason. And I'm not sure how to reset my keyboard to fix that.

I'm also starting to have issues where the bottom of my text conversations won't show. I will scroll to the bottom but it won't go all the way. I'll have to close the text application completely and re-enter it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m not having issues with the text not showing up at the bottom, thankfully, but I now have to slow down when I type to make sure the auto-correct doesn’t run amok on me. It could also be me still getting used to the smaller keyboard.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
"to" always turns to "T.I" on my phone for some odd reason. And I'm not sure how to reset my keyboard to fix that.

I'm also starting to have issues where the bottom of my text conversations won't show. I will scroll to the bottom but it won't go all the way. I'll have to close the text application completely and re-enter it.

Happens to me too, tapping the upper left back button and opening the conversation again helps it.
I don’t know when and why this happens but it certainly is a bug that’s still there on iOS 11.1 beta

oladob

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I’m on iOS 11 as many of you and I’ve had issue after issue. Looking to see if anyone is having similar experiences.

1. Sending a screenshot takes FOREVER. I’ll snap the screenshot, then tap the icon in the bottom left. Once I hit the send button, I’ll literally wait 10 seconds for the next screen to display where I can select the recipient. Extremely frustrating for such lag to exist.

2. Today, my screen went black on 4 separate occasions. I will get a response from my home button and can feel the vibrate but nothing will display. My screen will remain black. I can successfully send a message from my Apple Watch so I know my phone is still on. Just can’t do anything until I either wait it out or perform a reset of the device.

3. Random application reboots.

4. Lock screen Music widget not working. My iPhone will be playing music but the widget doesn’t respond to any presses and it actually appears as though nothing is playing although music is coming from it.

Prior to iOS 11, my 7 Plus was working wonderfully. After the update, its under the weather.

I have performed a hard reset and restored my data. I’m afraid I’ll be doing a hard reset and starting from scratch. I just wanted to get some input on if anyone else is having similar issues and if those issues continued even after starting from scratch.

I have had some issues with springboard crashes since 10.3.3 which have persisted albeit more frequently in 11.0 and 11.0.1.
Also I was having the situation where I try to wake the phone by raising or pressing the home button and nothing happens apart from the home button does it’s vibration thing but the screen doesn’t come on. I have to wait up to 10-15 seconds for it to resume. I had to significantly cut down on the number of widgets I use(agreed it was quite a lot) and for the last 6 hrs I have lent had spring board crashes (and I was having up to 2 per hour).

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Tons of issues on my 7 Plus. This is the worst official release that I can remember, seriously its bad for me. My Apple Watch Series 2 Nike+ is hating the battery life and is very slow. My AirPods have so many bugs with not pairing and also unpairing at random that I’m almost wanting to call Apple Support for almost every one of my devices. MacOS High Sierra killed all internet, both Wi-Fi and Ethernet at the same time, which meant I couldn’t even connect to the internet to download a fresh copy of MacOS, so I had to call Apple Support for that too. This is the most woes I have ever had for my devices.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Ive seen this issue on my 7 Plus but not my 8. Its very frustrating.

I’m not having issues with the text not showing up at the bottom, thankfully, but I now have to slow down when I type to make sure the auto-correct doesn’t run amok on me. It could also be me still getting used to the smaller keyboard.

I’ve turned off autocorrect because its become annoying. I do however keep predictive text on & this combo seems to work perfectly for me

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ive seen this issue on my 7 Plus but not my 8. Its very frustrating.

I’ve turned off autocorrect because its become annoying. I do however keep predictive text on & this combo seems to work perfectly for me

I disabled predictive text and that pretty much solved the problem. With that being said, I must have been unknowingly selecting the presented words when tapping on any of the keys in the top row. At least the problem is resolved for me...

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I disabled predictive text and that pretty much solved the problem. With that being said, I must have been unknowingly selecting the presented words when tapping on any of the keys in the top row. At least the problem is resolved for me...

Yeah that’s happened to me a few time too lol

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Tons of issues on my 7 Plus. This is the worst official release that I can remember, seriously its bad for me. My Apple Watch Series 2 Nike+ is hating the battery life and is very slow. My AirPods have so many bugs with not pairing and also unpairing at random that I’m almost wanting to call Apple Support for almost every one of my devices. MacOS High Sierra killed all internet, both Wi-Fi and Ethernet at the same time, which meant I couldn’t even connect to the internet to download a fresh copy of MacOS, so I had to call Apple Support for that too. This is the most woes I have ever had for my devices.

So what’s the apple support response ?

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
So what’s the apple support response ?

They never knew what happened with my Mac. Even though I couldn’t access the internet, it was still getting update alerts and notifications. Booting in Safe Mode or something made it work again. And just got back from the Apple Store with new AirPods, which hopefully resolved my AirPods woes. I still don’t want to do a fresh install of iOS yet until I can save my iMessages. Since they postponed iMessages in iCloud (along with peer to peer payments through iMessage), I don’t want to do a full reset and fresh download of iOS 11 since I would lose my messages. Looking into using iMazing to extract the iMessage data from the backup and putting those in a fresh backup made after the reset so I can get my messages again. Or I can just wait until iMessage comes to iCloud.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
HEIF is worse image quality than JPEG, so only use it if you don’t care about image quality. The quality is drop is worse than if you backed up to Google Photos using the free/unlimited option.

This is even more noticeable in low light photos. Not sure about videos. I only capture via 3rd party apps that use H.264 still.

Seems like every photography “breakthrough” Apple introduces comes at the expense of quality. The phone already over processed images. This leaves HEIF photos with almost no fine details remaining in them. It’s awful.

Apple needs to put some quality sliders in the camera settings. Clearly they don’t have the talent to deliver competitive photo quality (at least compared to Google) with just automatic algorithms.

I almost feel like the reason I’ve bought every iPhone since the 6 Plus is because every iOS update makes the images worse, and the only way to get back to par is to buy new hardware.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm at the point now where I can't wait for the X. My 7 Plus is really giving me troubles lately and I'm trying to avoid a trip to the store. I'm trying to push it until I upgrade. We will see how things go.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I'm at the point now where I can't wait for the X. My 7 Plus is really giving me troubles lately and I'm trying to avoid a trip to the store. I'm trying to push it until I upgrade. We will see how things go.

I’m trying to hold out on a full reset until the iPhone X is released, as well as iMessage in iCloud. Once I have these two things I will be a happy camper with iOS

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Also want to add how absolutely stupid it is that they give us a toggle to rape our image quality, but refuse to give a toggle to enable RAW+JPEG capture.

You can get this in third party apps like Camera+, but it’s incredibly inconvenient when you cannot set them as default.

I’d use HEIF if the stock camera had an RAW+HEIF toggle, but without that I have to stick to JPEG.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Also want to add how absolutely stupid it is that they give us a toggle to rape our image quality, but refuse to give a toggle to enable RAW+JPEG capture.

You can get this in third party apps like Camera+, but it’s incredibly inconvenient when you cannot set them as default.

I’d use HEIF if the stock camera had an RAW+HEIF toggle, but without that I have to stick to JPEG.

Wait so if you use HEIF you can’t capture RAW photos?

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Wait so if you use HEIF you can’t capture RAW photos?

The stock camera app has no toggle to turn on RAW capture. You have to use a third party app, but you can’t set them as default. HEIF has worse image quality than JPEG.

The only way I’d toggle that on is if I could capture an RAW exposure to retain a higher quality photo I could develop later, and for archiving the really good ones.

The option doesn’t exist, so I’m not using the new formats.

You can’t capture RAW with Camera.app at all. Pretty stupid, IMO.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW