I have a contact, "Telemarketers" which has a silent ring tone and is blocked. I add all phone numbers from unwanted sources in here. Over the years, this contact has gotten rather big. I'm wondering if there is a hard limit? And if I hit the limit, will it tell me?
    09-25-2017 10:25 AM
    I don't think there is a limit
    09-25-2017 10:32 AM
    I have a contact, "Telemarketers" which has a silent ring tone and is blocked. I add all phone numbers from unwanted sources in here. Over the years, this contact has gotten rather big. I'm wondering if there is a hard limit? And if I hit the limit, will it tell me?
    Why not just "Block" the Telemarketers?
    09-25-2017 12:19 PM
    Because these a-holes use software that spoofs real phone numbers so it’s a different # even though it’s the same company calling each time.
    09-25-2017 12:25 PM
    Because these a-holes use software that spoofs real phone numbers so it’s a different # even though it’s the same company calling each time.
    Correct, but if you're adding them as a contact and adding that number to the contact you're basically blocking the number by a silent ringtone. You're still adding each new number. Would be faster to block, with just a couple clicks instead of editing the contact and adding another number with the silent ringtone. I get 4-6 a week, "Google Ads" "Vacation Packages" "Credit Limits" etc..
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    09-25-2017 12:57 PM
    Correct, but if you're adding them as a contact and adding that number to the contact you're basically blocking the number by a silent ringtone. You're still adding each new number. Would be faster to block, with just a couple clicks instead of editing the contact and adding another number with the silent ringtone. I get 4-6 a week, "Google Ads" "Vacation Packages" "Credit Limits" etc..
    It seems pretty simple. Tap the number in recents, "Add to existing contact", choose the Telemarketer contact. If I am reading the OP right, this is what he/she is doing (as I do, by the way.)

I had no idea if there is a limit; I have ten numbers in mine at the moment. (I don't get many spam calls on my iPhone, actually.) If there is such a limit, I'll just create a second Telemarketer contact. (Mine is actually called "Spammer ZZ" so that it is always last in the contacts list.)
    09-25-2017 05:49 PM
    I have one Telemarketers contact that they all get added to so I don't clutter up my contacts database with hundreds of individual blocked contacts. The silent ringtone is a holdover from an earlier iOS before blocking.
    09-26-2017 08:47 AM
    It seems pretty simple. Tap the number in recents, "Add to existing contact", choose the Telemarketer contact. If I am reading the OP right, this is what he/she is doing (as I do, by the way.)

I had no idea if there is a limit; I have ten numbers in mine at the moment. (I don't get many spam calls on my iPhone, actually.) If there is such a limit, I'll just create a second Telemarketer contact. (Mine is actually called "Spammer ZZ" so that it is always last in the contacts list.)
    Ten? You rookie! My iPhone is my only phone since my iPhone 3. I think I have accumulated over 200 telemarketer numbers. Probably more.
    09-26-2017 08:51 AM
    I have one Telemarketers contact that they all get added to so I don't clutter up my contacts database with hundreds of individual blocked contacts. The silent ringtone is a holdover from an earlier iOS before blocking.
    I have 100s of ringtones, and yes also have a silent one. I am not sure the database size would change by adding it to blocked over adding it to a list inside a "telemarketer" contact list, but to each their own. There are more than one way of __________ a ______.
    09-26-2017 11:04 AM