How is everyone finding IOS 11

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I have being enjoying iOS 11 and I love it but in saying that ive encountered bug after bug particularly with Apple Music Perhaps thats just the music app itself acting up though. I noticed after directly installing iOS 11 it seemed to not connect to my carrier. in the signal bar it would say the Carrier name, then drop to no service back to the carrier name however I noticed it had to do with having Wifi Calling enabled. I disabled this and it works however I use Wifi Calling a lot so I needed it on. Luckily resetting everything in settings fixed the issue and apart from those 2 things and the people album at times not recognising every face everything seems to work great and it looks amazing too

Anyone else notice these little issues

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I only put it so far on the IPad Air (I will hold off on the iPhone 7 because many are reporting issues in Twitter) and it works fine except a little slowdown and an odd bright flash of light on the lock screen when starting to scroll up or down. This lighting flash issue started on the second day after installation.

I'm sure ios 11.0.1 or 11.2 will solve it and I bet within a few weeks we will have that update sooner than later.

Last edited:

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Not a fan of the new iPad keyboard & don’t like the fact that an app must be in the Dock to use Split Screen or Slide Over.
The rest of it is fine.
Good Luck

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I have being enjoying iOS 11 and I love it but in saying that ive encountered bug after bug particularly with Apple Music Perhaps thats just the music app itself acting up though. I noticed after directly installing iOS 11 it seemed to not connect to my carrier. in the signal bar it would say the Carrier name, then drop to no service back to the carrier name however I noticed it had to do with having Wifi Calling enabled. I disabled this and it works however I use Wifi Calling a lot so I needed it on. Luckily resetting everything in settings fixed the issue and apart from those 2 things and the people album at times not recognising every face everything seems to work great and it looks amazing too

Anyone else notice these little issues

That sucks. I wish I had a solution for you. It’s been smooth for me since installing. I’m actually still running the last beta ?????? with no hiccups whatsoever.

DonaldAcrey

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded my iPhones and iPads today, going from iOS 10 to iOS 11. My problem is a scrolling issue on the iPad Air 2 in which the Twitter app, the Settings iPad app, and various other apps (like Safari) have a jerky-jerky scroll. Go to Chrome browser and it scrolls as smooth as silk. Go figure! I hope Apple fixes this issue in the iOS 11.01 update. Otherwise, I LOVE iOS 11!

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded my iPhones and iPads today, going from iOS 10 to iOS 11. My problem is a scrolling issue on the iPad Air 2 in which the Twitter app, the Settings iPad app, and various other apps (like Safari) have a jerky-jerky scroll. Go to Chrome browser and it scrolls as smooth as silk. Go figure! I hope Apple fixes this issue in the iOS 11.01 update. Otherwise, I LOVE iOS 11!

There’s still a lot of bugs and performance issues.
Hopefully it’ll be fixed ASAP.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
overall its great everything seems ok after ive done a full wipe of iPad and iPhone and restored as new phone. really think it looks gorgeous . cant wait for them to add the iMessage sync over iCloud

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Just talked to a buddy who installed iOS 11 on his 64 GB SE and he says wifi is useless now and will not connect to anything. He is happy he has a 10 GB data plan from Sasktel.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
All in all I feel that iOS 11 is just fine. I do like it better than iOS 10. It’s not my favorite OS of all time (that would be Windows Phone 8.1) but I’m good with it. :)

rmaximo2

Jul 4, 2017
Visit site
Overall, it's fine. On my iPhone 6s Plus, there are noticeable performance issues (stuttering animations and "jank"). Typical for a features-heavy release, I guess.

The Apple Music app is a mess—rendering and transition issues, translucency problems, etc. Was relieved to see someone on Twitter capture this stuff on his blog, but this is exactly what I'm seeing: https://iosdetails.com/2017/09/19/first-blog-post/

Very much looking forward to iOS 11.1!

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I had my iPad Air in my computer bag since I got home this afternoon and the battery was around 70% about 6 hours ago. I just checked it now and the battery was 8% and the back of the iPad was HOT.

I am charging it now but a little nervous about it.

Something is definitely going on with ios 11.
d05ecd142058a615b738404928c6a13b.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner