How is everyone finding IOS 11

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
It happens from time to time.
I’m not sure why either.

My buddy with an iPad Pro 9.7 inch says he has absolutely no problems on that iPad with iOS 11, so I'm wondering if it's the older iPads that might be struggling with iOS 11 now even when they're not being used. Very weird.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
My buddy with an iPad Pro 9.7 inch says he has absolutely no problems on that iPad with iOS 11, so I'm wondering if it's the older iPads that might be struggling with iOS 11 now even when they're not being used. Very weird.

That could be why..
My iPad Pro runs iOS 11 very well.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I thought it was just my sibling’s iPhone 6.
It make this sound whenever it’s 100% charged.

I don't think I've ever heard it before. I was even trying "Full Battery Alert" apps and none of them were any good.

The Battery Doctor app came close to being perfect but it doesn't always alert when full despite keeping the app open and running in the background when charging, as they suggest.

Khizer Hayat2

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I’ve enjoyed it from Day 1, to be quite honest....

Glad to hear that it is working for you but I sometimes feel you guys who are admin / moderators exaggerate things a bit. All people are complaining battery drain, heating issues, smooth UI but luckily it always work like a butter for you guys.

Would you please share your tips and tricks on how to download, instal and work with new OS.

Thank you

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear that it is working for you but I sometimes feel you guys who are admin / moderators exaggerate things a bit. All people are complaining battery drain, heating issues, smooth UI but luckily it always work like a butter for you guys.

Would you please share your tips and tricks on how to download, instal and work with new OS.

Thank you

When I say that I have little to no issues with my iPhone, that is exactly what I mean. Just because I’m this or that here at iMore don’t mean a thing. I say what I mean and mean what I say. Period. I’ve maintained for “years” that I attribute my lack of problems with my device to restoring it as new a few times throughout the year. In addition, I go through every setting therein and make changes suitable for me, and I try not to keep seldom used apps installed on my device. There you have it - the secret to ‘my’ iPhone success....

Oh, and regarding battery life, I’ve always had great battery life on ALL of the iPhones I’ve used over the years, but I’ve noticed with my iPhone 8 that although I can go a full day on a single charge, I don’t have as much remaining battery life as I did with my iPhone 7 Plus. At bedtime last night, I was down to like 30%.

Khizer Hayat2

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
When I say that I have little to no issues with my iPhone, that is exactly what I mean. Just because I’m this or that here at iMore don’t mean a thing. I say what I mean and mean what I say. Period. I’ve maintained for “years” that I attribute my lack of problems with my device to restoring it as new a few times throughout the year. In addition, I go through every setting therein and make changes suitable for me, and I try not to keep seldom used apps installed on my device. There you have it - the secret to ‘my’ iPhone success....

Oh, and regarding battery life, I’ve always had great battery life on ALL of the iPhones I’ve used over the years, but I’ve noticed with my iPhone 8 that although I can go a full day on a single charge, I don’t have as much remaining battery life as I did with my iPhone 7 Plus. At bedtime last night, I was down to like 30%.

Thanks for the detailed reply and I know you guys understand system and ios very well. But I would live to hear from you as well that how can we benefit too with the tips and tricks.

Thanks for writing back and I hope you wouldn’t have minded my previous post.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the detailed reply and I know you guys understand system and ios very well. But I would live to hear from you as well that how can we benefit too with the tips and tricks.

Thanks for writing back and I hope you wouldn’t have minded my previous post.

Like with any tip and trick, the outcome is a better user experience, and no, I didn’t mind your previous post...

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Hey JustMe, here are some of the comments for ios 11.0.1 issues people are having. Many have complained about a weird orientation screen lock glitch where the screen turns sideways on its own. But supposedly the battery is better, as well as a camera fix but there is still a little lag on 3D Touch opening options for apps

cb2cfb135bcf6061ef9bd01df95d1bfe.jpg

42810eaf368ee9e79f6d338715d29786.jpg

7acd335742246f607bf48b23a88aaa20.jpg

043fab4d6a7db10e89f9020c5df4e7c8.jpg

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Some of the applications that I like no longer work. Other than that 11 is fine.

Also there is this round swirly wheel looking thing that never stops turning. Located in the top left of the screen.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Not a big fan of the new setup for the podcast app. Would prefer if it played them consecutively like it did before. Otherwise, it's good.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
The people album seems to have only picked up 17 faces even though I havmuch more for hatever reason it won’t allow me to manually find the feeds like before hand anyone else noticing this issue with the people album

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR