iOS 11 ringtone problems

cdneeley

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My downloaded ringtones are not working for my contacts. The only one that works is one that’s assigned to a specific contact. The one I’ve selected as my default for all my other contacts doesn’t work. I’ve hard reset, selected other ringtones then selected back and no luck. Any ideas?

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
My downloaded ringtones are not working for my contacts. The only one that works is one that’s assigned to a specific contact. The one I’ve selected as my default for all my other contacts doesn’t work. I’ve hard reset, selected other ringtones then selected back and no luck. Any ideas?

I might be wrong, but this could be because of how iTunes has just changed. If you go into Sounds & Haptics and for example go to text tone, you see at the top it’ll say “download all purchased tones” have you tried that?

mcalbala

Sep 23, 2017
Visit site
I am having no ringtones working. Any ideas will be appreciated on getting ringtones back, I have tried to reset the phone a couple of times, I am out of ideas

stacylynn0605

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
I updated my ringtones thru the sounds and hapnics. My default ringtone was already there but the one I have assigned to a specific contact wasn’t. It updated and is chosen on that contact but when that person calls me the default still plays.

spiff_p239

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I still can't get my ringtones to show up. I've added them to my library again but they just don't seem to show up. Things were fine on my iPhone 7 but I lost them when I switched to the iPhone 8.

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I have a relative that's having "custom ringtone" issues, iOS 11. They appear and are checked, but doesn't work. It plays the default ringtone in the list, but that's not even checked; his custom ringtone is check. weird. Same since, I have custom ringtones and checked and mine are working. worked on all beta's too. Also, I rarely since to iTunes. So, mine carried over upon updating.

chefsgirl1

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site

I finally found out how to fix it! You have to unassign the ringtone, then reassign it. I just did it for all of my contacts who have their own ringtones and it worked!!!

Marla D

Oct 7, 2017
Visit site
I have a relative that's having "custom ringtone" issues, iOS 11. They appear and are checked, but doesn't work. It plays the default ringtone in the list, but that's not even checked; his custom ringtone is check. weird. Same since, I have custom ringtones and checked and mine are working. worked on all beta's too. Also, I rarely since to iTunes. So, mine carried over upon updating.

I am having the exact problem your relative is having. Did he figure it out? I've tried every solution I've found online, no luck.

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I am having the exact problem your relative is having. Did he figure it out? I've tried every solution I've found online, no luck.

Nope, we're still puzzled. Even just upgraded to an iPhone 8+. Did the restore purchased trick. Reselected his default ringtone to his custom ringtone he had/wanted. Still didn't work. Would play the default Classic ringtone that it's set to, out-of-box/setup. It's so crazy weird.

found this whole discussion on it. It's an iOS 11 bug. Some got lucky and custom ringtones work for them. 11.1b1 doesn't fix it either. read all the pages.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8072784?start=60&tstart=0

Last edited:

MDSSS

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
Anyone have any fixes for an iPhone SE? Same issues as above with ringtones. Have worked with Apple for hours and they can't fix it.

MMARYLAND

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site
I was having this same problem with my text tone, but after I closed the settings app and the phone app I shutdown my iPhone and let it stay off for about 1 minute. After turning it back on, my chosen ringtone began working instead of resetting back to the default text tone. Hopefully this can help someone!

luddgang

Nov 19, 2017
Visit site
This piece of sh*t. I have a iPhone6s and everything seems fine. I see my custom Ringtones, and my Purchased Ringtones in iTunes, and on my iPhone.

The only issue is even though my contact points to the ringtones, they only play the default ringtones that were present out of the box.

I have tried powering off iPhone, reassigning custom ringtones, etc. Nothing works.

This has to be a bug.

Anyone know how to fix, or do I just have to wait until these geniuses fix the bug?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711