There is a difference between corrective criticism and being aggressively critical. Your tone set the precedent here, and when others feel that type of tone they immediately go on the defensive.
    While that's true, especially for someone who's 'merely' a participant, others who are representatives in a charged with some responsibility should not affect deportment and display 'replying in kind', especially when it's just a matter of tone and not content.

Yes, his post was a little aggressive but he did say he was venting, and sometimes that's helpful. Unnecessarily adopting a defensive posture isn't.

He went on to list his grievances in clear manner. Certainly anyone can express their own opinion on his observations. That should be expected. What shouldn't happen is a representative responding in any manner that exacerbates the situation, especially since no one here can fix it for the OP. Unless they can tell him how to revert.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    09-23-2017 05:29 PM
    Listen, a majority of us who frequent this forum understands that Apple products and services will please some people and not please others. We understand that neither the product or service is ‘perfect’. Furthermore, we understand that there will be criticism, no matter what. Where people get annoyed is the perception that just because someone has purchased an Apple product or service that they somehow have a ‘right’ to go into a forum full of people who are mostly pro-Apple and spread excessive disdain under the guise of constructive criticism. No, I am NOT accusing the OP of doing this, but I AM attacking the misconception that you can’t ‘criticize’ anything Apple here at iMore. Some things need to be shared directly with Apple or Apple feedback - not in a Pro-Apple forum, whether iMore or another.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 09-23-2017 at 06:59 PM.
    Rob Phillips and Sherry_B like this.
    09-23-2017 05:53 PM
    Listen, a majority of us who frequent this forum understands that Apple products and services will please some people and not please others. We understand that neither the product or service is ‘perfect’. Furthermore, we understand that there will be criticism, no matter what. Where people get annoyed is the perception that just because someone has purchased an Apple product or service that they somehow have a ‘right’ to go into a forum full of people who are mostly pro-Apple and spread excessive disdain under the guise of constructive criticism. No, I am NOT accusing the OP of doing this, but I AM attacking the misconception that you can’t ‘criticize’ anything Apple here at iMore. Some things we to be shared directly with Apple or Apple feedback - not in a Pro-Apple forum, whether iMore or another.
    Well said!
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 09-23-2017 at 06:59 PM.
    Tartarus and DarkKnight08 like this.
    09-23-2017 05:56 PM
    This. I like some of the things Apple does over Android. I like how they focus on doing things more privately and not saying "we see you're at this store, here's a coupon" which is beyond creepy.
    There are plenty of iPhone apps that do provide location based awareness. Usually there is a way to turn it off or disable it.
    09-23-2017 06:05 PM
    There are plenty of iPhone apps that do provide location based awareness. Usually there is a way to turn it off or disable it.
    I was referencing Google's app doing that on Android.

But I've never had that on my iPhone, only my S8, and then only from Google. You don't deny location access when it prompts on first launch? I deny location and notifications by default when an app asks. Even Uber.
    09-23-2017 08:15 PM

But I've never had that on my iPhone, only my S8, and then only from Google. You don't deny location access when it prompts on first launch? I deny location and notifications by default when an app asks. Even Uber.
    I selectively approve or deny access to services based on the app. I want Fantastical to notify me when I have an upcoming appointment or reminder but I couldn’t care less to hear what Angry Birds has to say, for example.
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-23-2017 08:19 PM
    Where people get annoyed is the perception that just because someone has purchased an Apple product or service that they somehow have a ‘right’ to go into a forum full of people who are mostly pro-Apple and spread excessive disdain under the guise of constructive criticism.

Please tell me I can revert all these nonsense UI changes...-2017-04-28-10.51.33.jpg
    09-23-2017 11:29 PM
    ou don't deny location access when it prompts on first launch? I deny location and notifications by default when an app asks. Even Uber.

Depends on the app. For things like Life 360, it gets full access to not only my location but my location at all times and the ability to keep a history of where I'm at or have been. Other apps like games have no business knowing my location. If they're asking it's due to ads, and I loath those with a fiery passion.
    09-23-2017 11:33 PM

I selectively allow or deny apps my location depending on the app. I allow the Weather Channel app and Be Weather my location and they are constantly updating by my location. A lot of apps now give you the choice of always, only when using the app or never. Starbucks app I sometimes set to always and get notifications when I am in proximity of a Starbucks on my watch.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-24-2017 10:44 AM
    I selectively allow or deny apps my location depending on the app. I allow the Weather Channel app and Be Weather my location and they are constantly updating by my location. A lot of apps now give you the choice of always, only when using the app or never. Starbucks app I sometimes set to always and get notifications when I am in proximity of a Starbucks on my watch.
    I noticed Uber added this in change notes as 11 was launched. Uber made it like it was their idea, not forced by Apple.
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-24-2017 10:53 AM
    I noticed Uber added this in change notes as 11 was launched. Uber made it like it was their idea, not forced by Apple.
    Uber is a terrible company. I’d rather wait longer for a Lyft pickup.
    09-24-2017 10:55 AM
    It really isn’t anything new. Apps developers have had the freedom to incorporate this feature for some time. While I wish more would. That is on the developer.
    09-24-2017 10:59 AM
62 123