Battery Life after iOS 11 Upgrade?

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
My battery life is much worse here, too. I've never even thought about it, but since upgrade my 7 Plus is just insanely energy eater. Just hated iOS11 because of this. Researching ways to go back to 10.3.3, as my iPhone is almost unusable now.

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is much worse here, too. I've never even thought about it, but since upgrade my 7 Plus is just insanely energy eater. Just hated iOS11 because of this. Researching ways to go back to 10.3.3, as my iPhone is almost unusable now.

I wonder if there will be an 11.0.1 or so update to address the battery issue, if it can be addressed.

I need to be on 11 as per corporate email rules. We had two weeks to upgrade and I’m always an early adopter.

It seems my battery life, at times, is improving. A good thing though is I am always near a power source. I also have a ridiculous 20k power brick which can help me survive a hurricane if need be.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
On my 7Plus the battery definitely is taking a hit. I was getting phenomenal battery life on 10.3.3, but the on iOS 11 its suffering and also getting warm.

On a side note, my 8 Plus battery is better than the 7 Plus ever was. My usage right now is 7 hours (4 hours being phone calls over bluetooth), and my battery is sitting at 50%. I think that's better than I ever got with the 7 Plus, and I though its battery was phenomenal.

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
The funny thing is I didn’t notice anything until seeing this post and then looking at my battery. I just took it off the charger and I think I’ve already taken a 20% Loss in only 30 minutes if simply replying in here.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
How can you tell? You must have only just installed it?

Fingers crossed it fixes my issues, or at least improves them.

Yup! I just installed it.
Animations seemed smoother.
As for the battery life, it tends to go down real quick from 100% to 90%, this time around it took quite awhile despite me playing Clash.

madman76

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
My iPhone 7 battery life is God awful and had been since iOS 11 launch day. “Low Power Mode” has been a must for my phone to last for the day.

No, my settings don’t need altered- they are all the same that they were on iOS 10. Man I hope Apple releases another update soon to help. This blows....

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone 7 battery life is God awful and had been since iOS 11 launch day. “Low Power Mode” has been a must for my phone to last for the day.

No, my settings don’t need altered- they are all the same that they were on iOS 10. Man I hope Apple releases another update soon to help. This blows....

Did you back up your phone before updating. Can’t you go back down to 10?