• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Newsletter — sign up now! Learn More
    My 7+ battery life since updated to ios11 down right sucks. I had no problems with my battery till this update
    I have almost everything turned off, including background refresh and it still drains way to fast
    My phone use to last almost 2 full days with heavy use before I had to charge it, now it dies in under a day
    I hope something is done about this. I feel like Im attached to a freaking charge

Umm you said two full days of heavy use without a charge. í ¾í´£í ¾í´£í ¾í´£ what type of iPhone do you have and what is your definition of heavy use. My phone has NEVER lasted two days without a charge. NEVER, and I’m a heavy user. Do you not send emails make calls or text. Do you not have social media. Something doesn’€™t make sense. TWO DAYS that‒s just amazing and very much unbelievable.
    Last edited by phonejunky; 10-20-2017 at 04:05 AM.
    10-20-2017 12:34 AM
    I feel like this happens to me with each major upgrade (and usually it resolves after a few days), but is anyone else seeing much worse battery life after upgrading?

I'm using an iPhone 7 and I'm losing like 10-15% per hour with no more use than before the upgrade. The phone is also much warmer than usual. I've restarted and closed all apps, but still the same.

Looking in the battery app, nothing seems out of line. The apps I use the most are using the most battery and it doesn't seem any higher than it was with iOS 10.

Anyone else?

I'm getting my 8 Friday, so hopefully soon to be a moot point, but still odd.
    This describes my battery life since iOS 11. I had hoped that the release version would be better than the beta but it isn’t.
    10-20-2017 03:51 AM
    My 7+ battery life since updated to ios11 down right sucks. I had no problems with my battery till this update
    I have almost everything turned off, including background refresh and it still drains way to fast
    My phone use to last almost 2 full days with heavy use before I had to charge it, now it dies in under a day
    I hope something is done about this. I feel like Im attached to a freaking charge
    This describes my battery life since iOS 11. I had hoped that the release version would be better than the beta but it isn’t.
    I would suggest fresh install; setup phone as "new" not from backup. I bit the bullet a few weeks back and did it on my iP7+ 11.0.3 battery life has been great.
    10-20-2017 07:43 AM
    My “Low Power Mode/Reset” fix definitely solves the issue—but only temporarily. It may last a day or less in my experience, but then the massive battery drain and heat returns with no rhyme or reason.

Whatever is causing it doesn’t seem to register with the battery app, as nothing is out of whack there.

This is clearly a software problem, yet the several times I’ve talked to Apple they claim to be unaware of any problems. That’s not possible to believe, given hope many here and how many people I actually know are having the exact same issue.

If you havent’ registered with problem with Apple, please do.
    10-20-2017 09:05 AM
    My “Low Power Mode/Reset” fix definitely solves the issue—but only temporarily. It may last a day or less in my experience, but then the massive battery drain and heat returns with no rhyme or reason.

Whatever is causing it doesn’t seem to register with the battery app, as nothing is out of whack there.

This is clearly a software problem, yet the several times I’ve talked to Apple they claim to be unaware of any problems. That’s not possible to believe, given hope many here and how many people I actually know are having the exact same issue.

If you havent’ registered with problem with Apple, please do.
    Yep, I've submitted 1-2 feedbacks on battery drain. Either on background apps or Location Services trying to pin-point this iOS 11 issue. (restore as new has helped me though)
    10-20-2017 10:32 AM
    I set my 7+ into recovery and setup as new and still have a battery drain issue. It’s definitely the os11 causing it. My standby is like 4hrs and that isn’t possible. Never had this much issue before. Dev beta 3 was fine all the way to just before GM.
    10-20-2017 10:50 AM
    My problem returned after my Low Power Mode "fix." I toggled it a few more times, but also turned off location services except for while using app for nearly every app that didn't really need it enabled. Since then, I've had about 24 hours of normal battery performance (just knocked on wood!). So, whoever postulated that the issue could be something with location services being messed up in the background, you may be on to something.
    10-21-2017 04:39 PM
    Yes, battery life is terrible after upgrade. I an using all the recommended optimised settings but still rate of battery drain is noticeably high. I am thinking to restore my 10.3.3 backup (since apple has stopped signing 10.3.3, backup is the last option)
    10-22-2017 05:20 AM
    I would suggest fresh install; setup phone as "new" not from backup. I bit the bullet a few weeks back and did it on my iP7+ 11.0.3 battery life has been great.
    I had thought of that but just can’t face it! And in all fairness it shouldn’t need to be done
    jgraves1107 likes this.
    10-23-2017 02:44 AM
    I had thought of that but just can’t face it! And in all fairness it shouldn’t need to be done
    I was thinking the same, but just did it. Something had to give. Yea, it shouldn't have to be done, but I remember back in the older iOS days you almost had to. If something got corrupted; had to do a fresh install and not use your backup. I mean, it's already a headache, on what's causing battery drain and wonky things, on everyone's device. I said, "to myself couldn't hurt already."
    10-23-2017 07:22 AM
85 ... 234