Official Release: iOS 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS 11

It’s not a matter of fixing if it’s not broken.
The toggles work like Apple meant for them to work.

But they changed the toggles from what people are used to. For me I turn WiFi off when I leave my house and don’t turn it on until I get home and the control center toggles are now useless to me.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

But they changed the toggles from what people are used to. For me I turn WiFi off when I leave my house and don’t turn it on until I get home and the control center toggles are now useless to me.

The jury is still out on this. Some people don’t like it, others, like me, do.

Time will tell.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Anyone else having issues with SKYPE crashing. I find it odd since my iPhone 7 running the GM it works fine. I get my new 8-Plus and Skype crashes. I have removed it, reinstalled and it still crashes. Rebooted the phone (once I figured out how and doing it w/o calling 911) and still just crashes. Anyone else?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Anyone else having issues with SKYPE crashing. I find it odd since my iPhone 7 running the GM it works fine. I get my new 8-Plus and Skype crashes. I have removed it, reinstalled and it still crashes. Rebooted the phone (once I figured out how and doing it w/o calling 911) and still just crashes. Anyone else?

Yes, and allegedly Apple is aware of it and is working on a fix, according to a site I found last night while searching to see if others were reporting that Skype was crashing with the iPhone 8 devices.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Yes, and allegedly Apple is aware of it and is working on a fix, according to a site I found last night while searching to see if others were reporting that Skype was crashing with the iPhone 8 devices.

Great, thanks.. I searched here, but did not do a Google Search. I find it odd it worked great with the GM, but not on the new phones with the public release.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Great, thanks.. I searched here, but did not do a Google Search. I find it odd it worked great with the GM, but not on the new phones with the public release.

That’s just it, the problem is with the new devices and not necessarily with iOS 11. It worked fine on my iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 11.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

That’s just it, the problem is with the new devices and not necessarily with iOS 11. It worked fine on my iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 11.

That's so odd.. I worked in Software and Software Development for nearly 20-years and I find that very odd. There are several possible reasons, but still that normally would have been tested in house / before. Very weird. I would love to see the final answer to why. Love seeing solutions and/or solving problems.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

That's so odd.. I worked in Software and Software Development for nearly 20-years and I find that very odd. There are several possible reasons, but still that normally would have been tested in house / before. Very weird. I would love to see the final answer to why. Love seeing solutions and/or solving problems.

No doubt, and I’m also curious to know the exactly cause. I guess we’ll find out soon enough...

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
iOS 11 is available for download!

So I had to do a complete and total wipe and reinstall fresh of IOS 11, in order to get my Bluetooth to see all my devices.

It was very strange. It would see 95% of my device but there were a couple that it would not see. One of them was my house phone allows you to link your cell to it so you can just pick up the house phone to answer your cell. I could not get it to see the base station, so I could connect it.

After doing a complete reinstall, it saw it just fine but after reloading a backup I made prior, it stopped seeing it again. So I did a complete reinstall new again and just rebuild my phone as new.

The iOS 11 betas were the culprit as I never had this issue prior to this. So if you have flakey Bluetooth and did the iOS 11 beta, you may want to do a complete new reinstall of the GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods