Official Release: iOS 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

madman76

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
Re: iOS 11

So how do you adjust ringer volume without going through settings? It only adjusts volume whether I’m in or out of an app.... really annoying unless this is a bug that needs fixed?

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site

So how do you adjust ringer volume without going through settings? It only adjusts volume whether I’m in or out of an app.... really annoying unless this is a bug that needs fixed?

This might be what you're looking for??
ee3213ce78c31608821c7897542b137b.png

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

iOS 11 is definitely less polished than the initial release of iOS 10 was. Lots of janky animations and transitions. The entire phone feels sluggish and seems to have some touch response issues. Parts of iMessage just flat out ignore when buttons are being tapped. Adjusting the ringer volume is a pain. Some widgets for built-in apps are broken - again - after being fixed in a 10.x.x update. The notification is an absolute mess. Still.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

I dont even know what this is... can you explain? thx.

In iOS 10 (and maybe iOS 9?), with any 3D touch enabled phone (iPhone 6s/6s+, 7/7+), you could 3D press on the left edge of the display and it would expose a method to switch apps. If you dragged all the way to the right, it would switch to the last used app. If you dragged only halfway, it was the same as double-clicking the home button - it brought you to the carousel recent apps display. This feature is not part of iOS 11 at this time, but Craig Federighi of Apple answered an email saying that it was removed due to a technical issue and Apple plans to add it back in a future update to iOS 11.

madman76

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site

Anyone else hate that turning off WiFi from control panel simply disconnects you from WiFi, it doesn’t turn it off. Same with Bluetooth. Wtf

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Anyone else hate that turning off WiFi from control panel simply disconnects you from WiFi, it doesn’t turn it off. Same with Bluetooth. Wtf

Nope. Because I am far, far more likely to disconnect from a slow WiFi connection and leave the radio on than turn off the WiFi radio, and same goes for BT. I leave these radios on all of the time. Now that we all know what this does, I'm fine with it. (I wouldn't mind an option to turn off the radio completely for people that want it, though.)

You can discuss it more here though: https://forums.imore.com/ios-11/393623-control-center-bug-2.html#post2990130

madman76

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site

Nope. Because I am far, far more likely to disconnect from a slow WiFi connection and leave the radio on than turn off the WiFi radio, and same goes for BT. I leave these radios on all of the time. Now that we all know what this does, I'm fine with it. (I wouldn't mind an option to turn off the radio completely for people that want it, though.)

You can discuss it more here though: https://forums.imore.com/ios-11/393623-control-center-bug-2.html#post2990130

It’s a pointless option to simply disconnect. Hope it’s fixed and changed to turn off/on.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

In iOS 10 (and maybe iOS 9?), with any 3D touch enabled phone (iPhone 6s/6s+, 7/7+), you could 3D press on the left edge of the display and it would expose a method to switch apps. If you dragged all the way to the right, it would switch to the last used app. If you dragged only halfway, it was the same as double-clicking the home button - it brought you to the carousel recent apps display. This feature is not part of iOS 11 at this time, but Craig Federighi of Apple answered an email saying that it was removed due to a technical issue and Apple plans to add it back in a future update to iOS 11.

Got it and yes, I do hope they bring this feature back.. I miss it!

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

It’s a pointless option to simply disconnect. Hope it’s fixed and changed to turn off/on.

I actually like this option. To me, being able to disconnect wifi is much simpler than going into Settings, then scroll to WiFi, then turn it off. Then the reverse when you actually want to turn it back on. If I'm sitting at home on WiFi and I want to disconnect, it's simple now.

Perhaps a compromise would be to have multi-touch WiFi where you can select Disconnect or Turn Off..

madman76

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site

I far more often turn it off to conserve battery and get off it altogether than just disconnect to another network. I like control center turning it off/on in iOS 10 much better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods