Official Release: iOS 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

madman76

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
Re: iOS 11

b6a8ab7aff1062ea1322a98930406398.png

Background App Refresh is all off but this well known glitch isn’t registering that function properly. This is the battery issue with iOS 11. Low power mode is needed until they fix this garbage bug

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 Is out!

Is the words not appearing on the home screen, in the icon dock? On the bottom of my home screen, I have MAIL, PHONE, MESSAGES and SAFARI, and the little words aren't appearing under each icon...just wondering if it's a new feature or my phone acting weird...

No text beneath the icons in the bottom dock on the home screen.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170920/b6a8ab7aff1062ea1322a98930406398.png

Background App Refresh is all off but this well known glitch isn’t registering that function properly. This is the battery issue with iOS 11. Low power mode is needed until they fix this garbage bug

Background App Refresh is a good thing. Turning it off doesn't stop apps from running in the background. It mostly helps apps running in the background to do so more efficiently, using less resources. If you're using an excessive amount of battery, it's somewhere else. My guess is there's an app or two adjusting to the new OS. Try swiping out any suspect apps from multitasking, then do a hard reset (reboot). Also, if you're using your phone more checking out the new OS, that might be part of it.

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site

In my case, of battery life turning off Location Services has help a lot! Even still had apps set to "while using" like before when on 10.3.3 and felt like battery was still draining with the same setup currently on iOS 11 GM. A lot complaints during beta's. Just think, it kind of took up to 10.3.3 to be amazing.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

^^^ and yes I’m at 72% after an hour of being awake. Normally would still be at like 97%

Keep in mind that after a new OS update it takes 1-2-3 days to level out on your phone. It's busy "doing stuff" and takes a while. I have been on iOS 11 / Beta/GM for a while now and been using my phone all day.. it's 3pm and I have 82% left on an iPhone 7.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Keep in mind that after a new OS update it takes 1-2-3 days to level out on your phone. It's busy "doing stuff" and takes a while. I have been on iOS 11 / Beta/GM for a while now and been using my phone all day.. it's 3pm and I have 82% left on an iPhone 7.

I was going to post something similar, but it was based on my experiences with updating Android stuff so I wasn't sure if iOS actually dealt with the same thing. Didn't want to put my foot in my mouth lol. FWIW my phone has been off charge for about 15 hours now unless you count 20 minutes of driving connected to the iPod/Phone input in my Jeep (USB lightning cable) which is a really slow charge and I'm at 61% with moderate+ usage on my 7+.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

So the automatic brightness setting is now on by default without a way to shut it off? I ask because I’m not seeing a toggle any longer. I’m perfectly fine with this, as I never turned it off, but I don’t remember hearing about the change.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

So the automatic brightness setting is now on by default without a way to shut it off? I ask because I’m not seeing a toggle any longer. I’m perfectly fine with this, as I never turned it off, but I don’t remember hearing about the change.

It’s under Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site

Just saw an issue with the clock on my iPad Pro 9.7" home screen. It was stuck about 35 minutes late. I corrected the issue by doing a hard reset. Also I found that in the APP store I used to tap 1 of the icons on the bottom 9 or 10 times to clear the cache memory. This does not work now. I also hold the sleep button until I enter the shut off screen, then I hold the home button for 5 seconds to clear the temporary files. This last step still works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1