IPhone 6 and iOS 11

greatkeen

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Guys, what's the general opinion and experience (if anyone) about upgrading iPhone 6 to iOS 11 .
Currently running iOS 10.3.3 and totally NOT satisfied , general lag issues and battery timing 7-8 hrs from 100% charge.

Thanks guys.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Pls share performance , specially on battery timing? I am really hoping iOS 11 can put some fresh breath in my 3 Yr only iPhone....

It’s not my phone. The 6 is my fathers. He charges it intermittently, never paying much attention to battery life.
Being retired gives you that luxury of being able to charge whenever you feel doing so. He will not be a reliable source for battery life on the 6.
He will, however, be a reliable source about performance.

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Guys, what's the general opinion and experience (if anyone) about upgrading iPhone 6 to iOS 11 .
Currently running iOS 10.3.3 and totally NOT satisfied , general lag issues and battery timing 7-8 hrs from 100% charge.

Thanks guys.

You might want to check if your battery falls under the replacement program.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Performance same on a 6 Plus here. Maybe slightly better in feel thanks to the longer (it seems) animations masking areas that were noticeable on iOS 10.3.

Device is old. Lack of RAM is a clear bottleneck.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
No noticeable lag - it seems to open apps faster. I had to reset some settings from default (screen brightness, for example). All my apps were already up-to-date - so no old apps lost in the migration. Haven't been using it long enough to comment on battery life - but I've always used a battery case on the 6 anyway, as it's always seemed to be a struggle for it.

As for the value of the built-in apps and OS 'features and improvements' in this upgrade, well, mileage will vary, but I'm pretty underwhelmed so far. Thankfully, its free and didn't brick my phone.

Last edited:

idrisinan

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Great I think it is good as I expected , good battery life no any lag ( iOS 11.0.1 )

I love it. I can say , Try 1-2 days till signatures open. Then you decide which is good choice for you.

greatkeen

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Yes I agree. I updated to 11.0.1 and seeing general stability in phone compared to 11.

Hope Apple keeps these , not so old iPhone 6 , livable and usable

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
Have discovered that disabling wifi in the Control Center does only that. Going into settings will actually turn it off....unless you tell Siri to turn off wifi. It works!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh