ios 11 GM and iPad Pro Rotation Bug

NeilWhitear

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
So I have been running iOS 11 GM since its release and the iPad Pro rotation bug appears to be worse than on the last Beta.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Let's hope Apple don't leave it too long after to public release to update with iOS 11.1 with this fix.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Is this supposed to only be on the Pro? I don't see it on the iPad 9.7 2017 none pro version.

Have you re-installed iOS 11 without installing from backup? That will rule out system file corruption as the cause.

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes!!!! It’s been there on every beta on my 10.5 pro and my wife’s original air. I agree, the gm seems even worse. I can’t believe they haven’t fixed it in all the betas!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is this supposed to only be on the Pro? I don't see it on the iPad 9.7 2017 none pro version.

Have you re-installed iOS 11 without installing from backup? That will rule out system file corruption as the cause.

I’m not experiencing it either with my iPad Pro 9.7.

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
It’s rare that the screen doesn’t rotate at all, but occasionally it does happen. If I quit to home screen it corrects. What happens a lot, a dozen times a day, is that the dock appears on the left side instead of the bottom when in portrait mode. I notice it most in safari because a use the swipe from left to go back option a lot. I go to swipe back and the dock appears. Rather annoying. Funny thing is, I tried to take a screenshot of it and it appeared in my camera roll in landscape with everything as it should be. Weird.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

I am not experiencing this either on my iPad Mini 2.

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tries to wipe their iPad and start fresh and see if it fixes it? Tempted. It seems there’s only a handful of us with this problem.

Last edited:

gonzalov

Sep 24, 2017
Visit site
hello fellows, I’ve been facing all these problem on ipad 9.7 since ever, and it never got completely resolved, it just comes and goes on its own, so until this moment I have no idea what’s causing it and it’s really frustrating...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yup I still have it. Sad this bug existed all the way through the beta process. And I reported it several times. This still feels like a beta.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone tries to wipe their iPad and start fresh and see if it fixes it? Tempted. It seems there’s only a handful of us with this problem.

It does not. Wiping and started fresh doesn’t wipe away long standing bugs.

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
This is seriously ruining any joy the iPad Pro had. I had contemplated the iPad Pro and the tab s3. Kind of regretting my decision as frustrating as this is. It’s not a minor niggle, it is a very annoying usability issue. Dozens of times a day it happens.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711