I installed the GM of iOS 11 and I noticed in the new Files app where I have Google drive, iCloud, One Drive and Droo Box all set up like we are supposed to. When I try to open a file that is in one drive all of a sudden Google Drive tries to make me save the file to Google Drive when I am trying to open the file from one drive.

Is this a bug with the files app or does Apple need to put new rules in place to stop this. I am likely going to drive Google Drive if it keeps up.
    09-16-2017 05:49 PM
    I just removed the Google Drive app off of my iPhone and the One Drive file app worked without issue, so its likely a bug with Google Drive which I suspectrd. Still isn't the point to have multiple storage options without issue.
    09-16-2017 05:52 PM
    I just removed the Google Drive app off of my iPhone and the One Drive file app worked without issue, so its likely a bug with Google Drive which I suspectrd. Still isn't the point to have multiple storage options without issue.
    iOS 11 is still in beta until Tuesday. As I understand it, it was only recently that Apple allowed developers to ship apps that support the new iOS 11 APIs, including, I imagine, the hooks needed for the new Files app. In fact, DropBox and OneDrive on my iPad still do not show files in the Files app interface, but overlay with a window.

I suspect that as Tuesday rolls around, these apps will be fully updated for iOS 11.

See https://www.macstories.net/news/appl...ps-for-review/
    09-16-2017 06:52 PM
    I am running the gold master right now. For me one drive is working and Sonia drop box on my iPhone, I am going to update my iPad pro today but will Dona clean install Tuesday anyways. Still once I removed Google drive one I had no issues. We will see on Tuesday.
    09-17-2017 08:22 AM
    Hi,

If i create a folder in icloud and add some photos in this folder via web browser. then i go to that folder via Files app and before i view the photo, there is a blue arrow down icon on the top right corner of the photo thumb. So my question is, does it download the photo somewhere on my iphone in order to view the photo?

Files app issues-screen-shot-2017-09-24-6.44.11-pm.png

Thank you very much for replies!
    09-24-2017 10:02 PM
    Thank you for this! I was freaking out because I couldn't access files I needed for work on any of my iOS devices. Once I deleted Google Drive from them all everything worked perfectly.
    09-26-2017 12:27 AM