When I turn WiFi or Bluetooth on or off in the control center, I later go to the settings to find that they are not turned fully off...is this a bug or is this how iOS 11 is designed? Thanks!
    kcox52692 likes this.
    09-13-2017 08:25 PM
    When I turn WiFi or Bluetooth on or off in the control center, I later go to the settings to find that they are not turned fully off...is this a bug or is this how iOS 11 is designed? Thanks!
    It’s how iOS 11 is designed, Control Center only temporarily disables them now.
    09-13-2017 08:31 PM
    That’s irritating. I liked how it was in iOS 10...
    bluej3 and Spencerdl like this.
    09-13-2017 08:33 PM
    That’s irritating. I liked how it was in iOS 10...
    I agree, I hope they change it back. I guess they figure most people just want to disable wifi between connections.
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-13-2017 08:33 PM
    I agree, I hope they change it back. I guess they figure most people just want to disable wifi between connections.
    The only gripe I truly have is battery life...with WiFi and Bluetooth on all day not knowing it drains your battery down especially when your not using them.
    09-13-2017 08:36 PM
    I have Bluetooth on all day anyway and wifi on most of the day so it’s really no change for me and I can still get through a full day unless I’m actually using my phone a lot.
    09-13-2017 08:37 PM
    The only gripe I truly have is battery life...with WiFi and Bluetooth on all day not knowing it drains your battery down especially when your not using them.
    I have an Apple Watch connected to my iPhone 7 Plus and have wifi also always enabled.

With wifi and Bluetooth disabled I only have like half an hour more battery life. That’s not worth it for me to disable and enable and vice versa all the time.
    09-13-2017 08:39 PM
    I just tell Siri to turn it off, and it actually turns it off, not just disconnects the device etc. I.e. Siri turn off Bluetooth.
    bluej3 likes this.
    09-13-2017 09:08 PM
    Oh no!!
    09-14-2017 09:32 PM
    I just tell Siri to turn it off, and it actually turns it off, not just disconnects the device etc. I.e. Siri turn off Bluetooth.
    This is perfect!
    nolhayes likes this.
    09-14-2017 09:33 PM
    What is the point of control center in iOS 11 if it doesn't actually control things. I kept wondering why my wifi kept turning on when I turned it off in control center like I did in iOS 10. This is a big FAIL.
    09-16-2017 05:43 PM
    What is the point of control center in iOS 11 if it doesn't actually control things. I kept wondering why my wifi kept turning on when I turned it off in control center like I did in iOS 10. This is a big FAIL.
    That’s quite personal.
    I really really love this feature. I don’t want to enable and disable it all the time when I’m out and about.

Disabling wifi when I feel it has no added value for my connectivity is much better than to realize I haven’t enabled wifi when I needed it the most.

But just like I said, this is a personal preference and will take some getting used to.

As with most things Apple, you won’t even realize that the functionality of the toggle in Control Center has changed after a while.
    09-16-2017 06:08 PM
    I mentioned this to someone earlier, turn it off with SIRI and it's really off.. i.e. "Siri Turn off wifi" or "Siri, turn off bluetooth" and it's really off.
    doogald likes this.
    09-16-2017 07:53 PM
    While I understand I can ask Siri to do it or can go into settings which is fine. But why do you make control center less accurate or functional than it was last uear. It really makes no sense to me.
    muckle_dabuckle likes this.
    09-17-2017 08:26 AM
    While I understand I can ask Siri to do it or can go into settings which is fine. But why do you make control center less accurate or functional than it was last uear. It really makes no sense to me.
    On the other hand, I find the Control Center more useful this way. It finally does what I want it to do with wifi and Bluetooth.

I can now disable my AirPods connection without also disabling the Bluetooth connection my iPhone has with my Watch all with just one tap in Control Center.
    09-17-2017 11:44 AM
    How long does wifi stay disabled?
    09-19-2017 03:58 PM
    How long does wifi stay disabled?
    I’m not sure, I think it uses GPS to notice when you’ve moved far enough to reach more wifi, or more particularly, wifi you’ve already connected to before. I’m not positive on that, but it does always connect to known wifi for me after I moved between work/home/parents/etc.
    muckle_dabuckle and Tartarus like this.
    09-19-2017 04:26 PM
    Still failing to grasp the concept of what the control center toggles do in iOS11.

So is the new wifi toggle like smart controls on Android where you can set wifi to turn on/off depending on your situation/location? Example if I toggle off wifi in the control center while at work when I arrive home it will automatically turn back on by connecting to my home network?

Ditto for Bluetooth. If I disable Bluetooth in control center while using Bluetooth earphones it will disconnect the earphones but will automatically connect to another Bluetooth device in range (like my car)?

If so I actually like this feature.
    09-19-2017 04:51 PM
    Still failing to grasp the concept of what the control center toggles do in iOS11.

So is the new wifi toggle like smart controls on Android where you can set wifi to turn on/off depending on your situation/location? Example if I toggle off wifi in the control center while at work when I arrive home it will automatically turn back on by connecting to my home network?

Ditto for Bluetooth. If I disable Bluetooth in control center while using Bluetooth earphones it will disconnect the earphones but will automatically connect to another Bluetooth device in range (like my car)?

If so I actually like this feature.
    Control center works differently, and disconnects from devices now. Does not turn it (Wifi / BT) totally off. Siri will, just say "Siri turn off Bluetooth) and it's totally off, or go into settings. Same for Wifi.
    09-19-2017 06:18 PM
    This new feature is frustrating to say the least. Before, I only had to go to Control Center to toggle my wifi when getting home or leaving, but now it means going into Settings to do it, otherwise it pops up while I'm at work where I do not have wifi. I reported this as a bug.
    vpblaze and Trees like this.
    09-20-2017 11:28 AM
    Don’t like it. It was bad enough for it to popup suggesting I turn on WiFi. I was almost always near an unknown wifi when it did. Now it’s going to just thwart my wishes without asking. WiFi on is better on battery only when I am on a known wifi. Otherwise i want those buggers off, not searching. And definitely not deciding for me. You should never have to use voice control to work with the phone. My guess is that’s an oversight that it doesn’t work the same way as control center. This is the kind of Bill Gates BS where he ‘knows’ what you want. I told it what I wanted when I shut it off! Arrrg! Ok better now.
    lmarranzino likes this.
    09-20-2017 01:30 PM
    This is technology starting to control us. Be safe everyone!
    09-20-2017 01:34 PM
    Thanks for pointing out the Siri option.
    This is truly annoying. I hate when they change things that were working just fine to make them “better”
    lmarranzino likes this.
    09-20-2017 03:18 PM
    You should never have to use voice control to work with the phone.
    You don't. Settings / WiFi; toggle it off. Same with BT.

(I'm ok with this change, really. I keep WiFi on all of the time, but I'd certainly prefer to see something like long press/3D press on a wireless icon to turn the radio off completely. What I really want is the ability to take the wireless controls OUT OF CONTROL CENTER so I can actually use Control Center unlocked. I don't want anybody to pick up my phone and turn these things off if I lose my phone, it's stolen, etc.)
    09-20-2017 03:40 PM
    You don't. Settings / WiFi; toggle it off. Same with BT.

(I'm ok with this change, really. I keep WiFi on all of the time, but I'd certainly prefer to see something like long press/3D press on a wireless icon to turn the radio off completely. What I really want is the ability to take the wireless controls OUT OF CONTROL CENTER so I can actually use Control Center unlocked. I don't want anybody to pick up my phone and turn these things off if I lose my phone, it's stolen, etc.)
    So the new way it works would be safer as the perp can’t fully turn off the wireless completely- or at least for too long. I think I agree with you. Perhaps I may be changing my lock screen settings.
    09-20-2017 03:43 PM
63 123