Control Center Bug?

porier91

May 23, 2017
Visit site
When I turn WiFi or Bluetooth on or off in the control center, I later go to the settings to find that they are not turned fully off...is this a bug or is this how iOS 11 is designed? Thanks!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
When I turn WiFi or Bluetooth on or off in the control center, I later go to the settings to find that they are not turned fully off...is this a bug or is this how iOS 11 is designed? Thanks!

It’s how iOS 11 is designed, Control Center only temporarily disables them now.

porier91

May 23, 2017
Visit site
I agree, I hope they change it back. I guess they figure most people just want to disable wifi between connections.

The only gripe I truly have is battery life...with WiFi and Bluetooth on all day not knowing it drains your battery down especially when your not using them.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I have Bluetooth on all day anyway and wifi on most of the day so it’s really no change for me and I can still get through a full day unless I’m actually using my phone a lot.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The only gripe I truly have is battery life...with WiFi and Bluetooth on all day not knowing it drains your battery down especially when your not using them.

I have an Apple Watch connected to my iPhone 7 Plus and have wifi also always enabled.

With wifi and Bluetooth disabled I only have like half an hour more battery life. That’s not worth it for me to disable and enable and vice versa all the time.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I just tell Siri to turn it off, and it actually turns it off, not just disconnects the device etc. I.e. Siri turn off Bluetooth.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
What is the point of control center in iOS 11 if it doesn't actually control things. I kept wondering why my wifi kept turning on when I turned it off in control center like I did in iOS 10. This is a big FAIL.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
What is the point of control center in iOS 11 if it doesn't actually control things. I kept wondering why my wifi kept turning on when I turned it off in control center like I did in iOS 10. This is a big FAIL.

That’s quite personal.
I really really love this feature. I don’t want to enable and disable it all the time when I’m out and about.

Disabling wifi when I feel it has no added value for my connectivity is much better than to realize I haven’t enabled wifi when I needed it the most.

But just like I said, this is a personal preference and will take some getting used to.

As with most things Apple, you won’t even realize that the functionality of the toggle in Control Center has changed after a while.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I mentioned this to someone earlier, turn it off with SIRI and it's really off.. i.e. "Siri Turn off wifi" or "Siri, turn off bluetooth" and it's really off.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
While I understand I can ask Siri to do it or can go into settings which is fine. But why do you make control center less accurate or functional than it was last uear. It really makes no sense to me.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
While I understand I can ask Siri to do it or can go into settings which is fine. But why do you make control center less accurate or functional than it was last uear. It really makes no sense to me.

On the other hand, I find the Control Center more useful this way. It finally does what I want it to do with wifi and Bluetooth.

I can now disable my AirPods connection without also disabling the Bluetooth connection my iPhone has with my Watch all with just one tap in Control Center.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
How long does wifi stay disabled?

I’m not sure, I think it uses GPS to notice when you’ve moved far enough to reach more wifi, or more particularly, wifi you’ve already connected to before. I’m not positive on that, but it does always connect to known wifi for me after I moved between work/home/parents/etc.

muckle_dabuckle

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Still failing to grasp the concept of what the control center toggles do in iOS11.

So is the new wifi toggle like smart controls on Android where you can set wifi to turn on/off depending on your situation/location? Example if I toggle off wifi in the control center while at work when I arrive home it will automatically turn back on by connecting to my home network?

Ditto for Bluetooth. If I disable Bluetooth in control center while using Bluetooth earphones it will disconnect the earphones but will automatically connect to another Bluetooth device in range (like my car)?

If so I actually like this feature. :laughing:

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Still failing to grasp the concept of what the control center toggles do in iOS11.

So is the new wifi toggle like smart controls on Android where you can set wifi to turn on/off depending on your situation/location? Example if I toggle off wifi in the control center while at work when I arrive home it will automatically turn back on by connecting to my home network?

Ditto for Bluetooth. If I disable Bluetooth in control center while using Bluetooth earphones it will disconnect the earphones but will automatically connect to another Bluetooth device in range (like my car)?

If so I actually like this feature. :laughing:

Control center works differently, and disconnects from devices now. Does not turn it (Wifi / BT) totally off. Siri will, just say "Siri turn off Bluetooth) and it's totally off, or go into settings. Same for Wifi.

bluegreen1965

May 29, 2015
Visit site
This new feature is frustrating to say the least. Before, I only had to go to Control Center to toggle my wifi when getting home or leaving, but now it means going into Settings to do it, otherwise it pops up while I'm at work where I do not have wifi. I reported this as a bug.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh