iOS 11 GM Developer and Public

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Double delete is still there from the lockscreen once 3Dtouched on 3rd party email app, ughhh.
Also, from apple/watchOS 3.23 doesn't delete the email at all anymore. #frustrating
Is this the 3rd party app developers fault or bug in iOS 11? Use to all work before Dev beta 8. (7)
submitted feedback

To add, usually keep location services on with "while using app", on all my apps. Today, decided to turn off location services and my battery of course has been amazing.

Last edited:

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
It is a bit much for the 6.
It’s quite slow on my sibling’s iPhone 6.
I'm running the GM on an iPhone 5s and it runs fine. I don't notice any lag at all. It ran fine with the betas as well. I did reformat after installing the beta, and then again after installing the GM.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I had a little lag on my 6s for the first day or so, plus the animations were a little draggy. But it’s been fine the last two days. I always figure it’s due to Siri re-indexing all of the search items in the background after you install an update.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Is it worth it to load it now to get iOS 11 early or should I just wait until Tuesday?

I decided to do it now because download speeds on day one are usually slow because so many devices are trying to download it at the same time. And I’ve been using it on my iPad for a couple of weeks and knew that my apps worked fine with the beta.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
If I install the GM, should I do the encrypted backup to iTunes that many sites recommend with betas? Or is the GM stable enough to do the standard iCloud backup?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Apple is slowly picking up the bad traits that made me leave Android. Bugs and fragmentation being two of them. This GM build still has glitchy 3D Touch animations and the calculator still lags extremely bad (to test for yourself, press a number then the plus sign repeatedly, i.e. 1+1+1+1....). They are slowly starting to add more devices into the mix, which are going to require different software and have different software features, which is just going to fragment things. It’s not terrible right now, but it’s definitely not the Apple experience that I came to like. Also, the portrait coloring feature that is coming with the iPhone 8 and X. This seems to be a software feature that the iPhone 7 Plus is more than capable of handling, but Apple is choosing to intentionally leave it out for marketing purposes.

Please understand that everyone is not experiencing an of the glitches you’ve mentioned. The GM is working excellently on my iPhone. Although it’s installed on my iPad Pro, I haven’t been using it as much since installing it. I was on it briefly last night, and it performed without any problems.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The GM is running very smoothly on my 7Plus as well as my iPad Air. The only thing that I have noticed is the battery life on the iPad is not as good as I remember...but then again it is pretty old...could just be "old age".

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Please understand that everyone is not experiencing an of the glitches you’ve mentioned. The GM is working excellently on my iPhone. Although it’s installed on my iPad Pro, I haven’t been using it as much since installing it. I was on it briefly last night, and it performed without any problems.

Exactly this.
iOS 11 has performed without any major hiccups on my iPhone 7 Plus.
In the first betas there were some moments that it perform below expectations, but that was to be expected since they’re betas.

The GM however is ready for the public.

Severus111

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
So today as soon as iOS11 came out, I tried to restore my dads iphone and my iphone, both 6S plus on ios 11. Both were currently running ios 10.3.3. My iphone went through smoothly.
Dads iphone is showing error "SIM not valid" with the same sim he was using before. His phone has been unlocked since last year.
I downgraded his iphone to ios 10.3.3. It still shows SIM not supported. I put in an AT&T sim and it turned on. But as soon as I put dads sim (local carrier) in it, it shows the SIM not valid error.
Anyone else has this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.