iOS 11 GM Developer and Public

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
STILL rotation issues on iPads! **** Apple get your **** together! I have an iPad Pro that’s supposed to be so good it can replace a pc yet it can’t handle rotating, something that iPads have always done. But after 10 iterations of iOS 11 it hasn’t been addressed at all!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
STILL rotation issues on iPads! **** Apple get your **** together! I have an iPad Pro that’s supposed to be so good it can replace a pc yet it can’t handle rotating, something that iPads have always done. But after 10 iterations of iOS 11 it hasn’t been addressed at all!

Quite honestly, the rotation issue has gotten MUCH better for me over the last handful of dev betas. I’m using a 1st gen 12.9” iPad Pro.

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Quite honestly, the rotation issue has gotten MUCH better for me over the last handful of dev betas. I’m using a 1st gen 12.9” iPad Pro.

I’m glad it is better for you. For me on a 10.5, wife’s iPad Air, and work iPad mini 4 it hasn’t changed at all. I just don’t understand why now it is such an issue since iPads have always rotated. I guess the new floating dock? I dunno, but for us on 3 different devices it’s still an issue.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Apple is slowly picking up the bad traits that made me leave Android. Bugs and fragmentation being two of them. This GM build still has glitchy 3D Touch animations and the calculator still lags extremely bad (to test for yourself, press a number then the plus sign repeatedly, i.e. 1+1+1+1....). They are slowly starting to add more devices into the mix, which are going to require different software and have different software features, which is just going to fragment things. It’s not terrible right now, but it’s definitely not the Apple experience that I came to like. Also, the portrait coloring feature that is coming with the iPhone 8 and X. This seems to be a software feature that the iPhone 7 Plus is more than capable of handling, but Apple is choosing to intentionally leave it out for marketing purposes.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Apple is slowly picking up the bad traits that made me leave Android. Bugs and fragmentation being two of them. This GM build still has glitchy 3D Touch animations and the calculator still lags extremely bad (to test for yourself, press a number then the plus sign repeatedly, i.e. 1+1+1+1....). They are slowly starting to add more devices into the mix, which are going to require different software and have different software features, which is just going to fragment things. It’s not terrible right now, but it’s definitely not the Apple experience that I came to like. Also, the portrait coloring feature that is coming with the iPhone 8 and X. This seems to be a software feature that the iPhone 7 Plus is more than capable of handling, but Apple is choosing to intentionally leave it out for marketing purposes.

Nah, the iPhone X will be the only variant of new iPhone going forward. They knows it’s a big change which is why they did the 8 and 8 Plus as well. That’s why there’s an 8 and 8 Plus even.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Nah, the iPhone X will be the only variant of new iPhone going forward. They knows it’s a big change which is why they did the 8 and 8 Plus as well. That’s why there’s an 8 and 8 Plus even.

Let’s hope you’re right and they don’t start doing what they’ve done with the iPad. Apple never used to release products at random then discontinue them the following year (iPad Pro 9.7, AW series 2). I do like the iPhone X, I just feel like Apple is really starting to take advantage of their fan base with slick marketing. I personally think the reason they came out with the 8 and 8 Plus was to reduce sticker shock on the $1,000+ iPhone. Then they dropped the 128GB option, to force anyone who needs more than 64GB to pay an extra $160 for 256GB. I know I’m kind of complaining, lol, and I know that nobody is “forced” to do anything, but Apple knows they have people hooked and they’re using it to milk us for every penny they can get away with. Especially with taking away the popular storage options. They know that not many people will want to go down in storage size, so they will pay for the next one up, even though they don’t need it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Let’s hope you’re right and they don’t start doing what they’ve done with the iPad. Apple never used to release products at random then discontinue them the following year (iPad Pro 9.7, AW series 2). I do like the iPhone X, I just feel like Apple is really starting to take advantage of their fan base with slick marketing. I personally think the reason they came out with the 8 and 8 Plus was to reduce sticker shock on the $1,000+ iPhone. Then they dropped the 128GB option, to force anyone who needs more than 64GB to pay an extra $160 for 256GB. I know I’m kind of complaining, lol, and I know that nobody is “forced” to do anything, but Apple knows they have people hooked and they’re using it to milk us for every penny they can get away with. Especially with taking away the popular storage options. They know that not many people will want to go down in storage size, so they will pay for the next one up, even though they don’t need it.
My guess is the X will replace the 4.7" model next year, and it's big 6.4" screen big brother replaces the 5.5" model.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Me too. Me too.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Just got the update downloaded and installed. Seems to be about the same as the most recent beta...for me at least. May do a restore and clean install of the retail release on 9/19 just to have a clean slate and clear out any leftovers.

Nick Vis

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site

Finally someone else confirms I’m not insane with the glitchy 3D Touch issues. Been there since beta 1 and still there in the GM. Gaaaahhh!! C’mon Apple sort it out

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Looks good here .
fab933ecb0da6f02e62e4107379e00ed.jpg
fab933ecb0da6f02e62e4107379e00ed.jpg

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Did anybody notice this is the same build number as dev beta 10? They just removed the “a” and unlocked the new wallpapers and a couple of other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox