I had a little lag on my 6s for the first day or so, plus the animations were a little draggy. But it’s been fine the last two days. I always figure it’s due to Siri re-indexing all of the search items in the background after you install an update.
    09-15-2017 02:36 PM
    I dfu load again, this time did not restore. Much better in regards to smoothness and battery life.
    09-15-2017 04:10 PM
    where is the "free app of the week" section on the app store on iOS 11 ?

can't seem to find it.
    I wondered that too!
    09-15-2017 05:31 PM
    Is it worth it to load it now to get iOS 11 early or should I just wait until Tuesday?
    09-15-2017 06:17 PM
    Is it worth it to load it now to get iOS 11 early or should I just wait until Tuesday?
    Just depends. Do you want it now or not?
    09-15-2017 06:17 PM
    I decided to do it now because download speeds on day one are usually slow because so many devices are trying to download it at the same time. And I’ve been using it on my iPad for a couple of weeks and knew that my apps worked fine with the beta.
    09-15-2017 06:24 PM
    If I install the GM, should I do the encrypted backup to iTunes that many sites recommend with betas? Or is the GM stable enough to do the standard iCloud backup?
    09-17-2017 09:30 AM
    Apple is slowly picking up the bad traits that made me leave Android. Bugs and fragmentation being two of them. This GM build still has glitchy 3D Touch animations and the calculator still lags extremely bad (to test for yourself, press a number then the plus sign repeatedly, i.e. 1+1+1+1....). They are slowly starting to add more devices into the mix, which are going to require different software and have different software features, which is just going to fragment things. It’s not terrible right now, but it’s definitely not the Apple experience that I came to like. Also, the portrait coloring feature that is coming with the iPhone 8 and X. This seems to be a software feature that the iPhone 7 Plus is more than capable of handling, but Apple is choosing to intentionally leave it out for marketing purposes.
    Please understand that everyone is not experiencing an of the glitches you’ve mentioned. The GM is working excellently on my iPhone. Although it’s installed on my iPad Pro, I haven’t been using it as much since installing it. I was on it briefly last night, and it performed without any problems.
    mfm77, Tartarus and Frehley like this.
    09-17-2017 09:41 AM
    The GM is running very smoothly on my 7Plus as well as my iPad Air. The only thing that I have noticed is the battery life on the iPad is not as good as I remember...but then again it is pretty old...could just be "old age".
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-17-2017 11:25 AM
    Please understand that everyone is not experiencing an of the glitches you’ve mentioned. The GM is working excellently on my iPhone. Although it’s installed on my iPad Pro, I haven’t been using it as much since installing it. I was on it briefly last night, and it performed without any problems.
    Exactly this.
    iOS 11 has performed without any major hiccups on my iPhone 7 Plus.
    In the first betas there were some moments that it perform below expectations, but that was to be expected since they’re betas.

The GM however is ready for the public.
    chefjayhawk and Frehley like this.
    09-17-2017 11:35 AM
    If I install the GM, should I do the encrypted backup to iTunes that many sites recommend with betas? Or is the GM stable enough to do the standard iCloud backup?
    I did both lol
    09-17-2017 02:57 PM
    I'm running the GM on my backup 5S. A little laggy but not bad. Battery life is about the same as 10.3.3.
    09-17-2017 03:05 PM
    So today as soon as iOS11 came out, I tried to restore my dads iphone and my iphone, both 6S plus on ios 11. Both were currently running ios 10.3.3. My iphone went through smoothly.
    Dads iphone is showing error "SIM not valid" with the same sim he was using before. His phone has been unlocked since last year.
    I downgraded his iphone to ios 10.3.3. It still shows SIM not supported. I put in an AT&T sim and it turned on. But as soon as I put dads sim (local carrier) in it, it shows the SIM not valid error.
    Anyone else has this problem?
    09-19-2017 05:47 PM
    How do I know if I’ve got the official release or the beta public GM?
    09-19-2017 06:09 PM
    You don’t, they’re both the same.
    09-19-2017 06:11 PM
    Does not matter, same thing.
    09-19-2017 06:11 PM
    So the public beta that was released last Tuesday is the exact same as the official release today ?
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    09-19-2017 06:13 PM
    Never hurts to do both, in case one corrupts. On iTunes the encrypted is always best (as long as you can remember your PW) as it will backup all the data / passwords / CC files, etc.. so it makes using the new phone easier w/o having to reconfigure.
    pr1nce likes this.
    09-19-2017 06:13 PM
    So the public beta that was released last Tuesday is the exact same as the official release today ?

Yes, GM and today's release = exactly the same. If you don't want to be part of the beta program you can remove the beta profile and next update go back to general releases.
    09-19-2017 06:14 PM
    Correct.
    daz_kayak likes this.
    09-19-2017 06:14 PM
    The general release build number is 15A372, if you have that you're good to go. Go to Settings, General, About, and then look at Version.
    09-19-2017 06:16 PM
146 ... 456