STILL rotation issues on iPads! **** Apple get your **** together! I have an iPad Pro that’s supposed to be so good it can replace a pc yet it can’t handle rotating, something that iPads have always done. But after 10 iterations of iOS 11 it hasn’t been addressed at all!
    Speedygi likes this.
    09-12-2017 07:25 PM
    STILL rotation issues on iPads! **** Apple get your **** together! I have an iPad Pro that’s supposed to be so good it can replace a pc yet it can’t handle rotating, something that iPads have always done. But after 10 iterations of iOS 11 it hasn’t been addressed at all!
    Quite honestly, the rotation issue has gotten MUCH better for me over the last handful of dev betas. I’m using a 1st gen 12.9” iPad Pro.
    Speedygi and scruffypig like this.
    09-12-2017 07:45 PM
    Quite honestly, the rotation issue has gotten MUCH better for me over the last handful of dev betas. I’m using a 1st gen 12.9” iPad Pro.
    I’m glad it is better for you. For me on a 10.5, wife’s iPad Air, and work iPad mini 4 it hasn’t changed at all. I just don’t understand why now it is such an issue since iPads have always rotated. I guess the new floating dock? I dunno, but for us on 3 different devices it’s still an issue.
    09-12-2017 08:14 PM
    Apple is slowly picking up the bad traits that made me leave Android. Bugs and fragmentation being two of them. This GM build still has glitchy 3D Touch animations and the calculator still lags extremely bad (to test for yourself, press a number then the plus sign repeatedly, i.e. 1+1+1+1....). They are slowly starting to add more devices into the mix, which are going to require different software and have different software features, which is just going to fragment things. It’s not terrible right now, but it’s definitely not the Apple experience that I came to like. Also, the portrait coloring feature that is coming with the iPhone 8 and X. This seems to be a software feature that the iPhone 7 Plus is more than capable of handling, but Apple is choosing to intentionally leave it out for marketing purposes.
    Nick Vis and timee80 like this.
    09-12-2017 08:35 PM
    Apple is slowly picking up the bad traits that made me leave Android. Bugs and fragmentation being two of them. This GM build still has glitchy 3D Touch animations and the calculator still lags extremely bad (to test for yourself, press a number then the plus sign repeatedly, i.e. 1+1+1+1....). They are slowly starting to add more devices into the mix, which are going to require different software and have different software features, which is just going to fragment things. It’s not terrible right now, but it’s definitely not the Apple experience that I came to like. Also, the portrait coloring feature that is coming with the iPhone 8 and X. This seems to be a software feature that the iPhone 7 Plus is more than capable of handling, but Apple is choosing to intentionally leave it out for marketing purposes.
    Nah, the iPhone X will be the only variant of new iPhone going forward. They knows it’s a big change which is why they did the 8 and 8 Plus as well. That’s why there’s an 8 and 8 Plus even.
    09-12-2017 08:59 PM
    Nah, the iPhone X will be the only variant of new iPhone going forward. They knows it’s a big change which is why they did the 8 and 8 Plus as well. That’s why there’s an 8 and 8 Plus even.
    Let’s hope you’re right and they don’t start doing what they’ve done with the iPad. Apple never used to release products at random then discontinue them the following year (iPad Pro 9.7, AW series 2). I do like the iPhone X, I just feel like Apple is really starting to take advantage of their fan base with slick marketing. I personally think the reason they came out with the 8 and 8 Plus was to reduce sticker shock on the $1,000+ iPhone. Then they dropped the 128GB option, to force anyone who needs more than 64GB to pay an extra $160 for 256GB. I know I’m kind of complaining, lol, and I know that nobody is “forced” to do anything, but Apple knows they have people hooked and they’re using it to milk us for every penny they can get away with. Especially with taking away the popular storage options. They know that not many people will want to go down in storage size, so they will pay for the next one up, even though they don’t need it.
    ladyc0524 and kimmaree like this.
    09-12-2017 09:12 PM
    Let’s hope you’re right and they don’t start doing what they’ve done with the iPad. Apple never used to release products at random then discontinue them the following year (iPad Pro 9.7, AW series 2). I do like the iPhone X, I just feel like Apple is really starting to take advantage of their fan base with slick marketing. I personally think the reason they came out with the 8 and 8 Plus was to reduce sticker shock on the $1,000+ iPhone. Then they dropped the 128GB option, to force anyone who needs more than 64GB to pay an extra $160 for 256GB. I know I’m kind of complaining, lol, and I know that nobody is “forced” to do anything, but Apple knows they have people hooked and they’re using it to milk us for every penny they can get away with. Especially with taking away the popular storage options. They know that not many people will want to go down in storage size, so they will pay for the next one up, even though they don’t need it.
    My guess is the X will replace the 4.7" model next year, and it's big 6.4" screen big brother replaces the 5.5" model.
    09-12-2017 09:20 PM
    Me too. Me too.
    09-12-2017 09:42 PM
    My guess is the X will replace the 4.7" model next year, and it's big 6.4" screen big brother replaces the 5.5" model.
    6.4? I can’t see Apple doing a phone bigger than the Note 8. That phones is really tall.
    09-12-2017 09:44 PM
    waiting IOS 11 for My Iphone 6 Plus.
    RECON1 likes this.
    09-12-2017 11:18 PM
    Just got the update downloaded and installed. Seems to be about the same as the most recent beta...for me at least. May do a restore and clean install of the retail release on 9/19 just to have a clean slate and clear out any leftovers.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-12-2017 11:28 PM
    Finally someone else confirms I’m not insane with the glitchy 3D Touch issues. Been there since beta 1 and still there in the GM. Gaaaahhh!! C’mon Apple sort it out
    09-12-2017 11:44 PM
    It’s smooth on the iPhone 6 too!
    Battery life is great so far on my 7 Plus.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-12-2017 11:56 PM
    Looks good here .
    09-13-2017 12:37 AM
    Did anybody notice this is the same build number as dev beta 10? They just removed the “a” and unlocked the new wallpapers and a couple of other things.
    09-13-2017 01:31 AM
    Got it yet? Probably overloaded servers.
    I rebooted twice & flushed the cache twice, then managed to get it to download. Just installing on my iPad Mini 4 atm.

Roland
    09-13-2017 01:39 AM
    Weather widget still doesn’t update to the current weather!
    Such a simple bug to fix and I reported it on every beta version.
    Keith Morris and naveenkd.75 like this.
    09-13-2017 03:36 AM
    Weather widget still doesn’t update to the current weather!
    Such a simple bug to fix and I reported it on every beta version.
    Odd...

Mine seems to work fine...
    09-13-2017 03:41 AM
    Odd...

Mine seems to work fine...
    Mine stays current for a couple of hours, then it seems to make up its own forecasts.

Current stock weather app...

Current weather widget...

09-13-2017 03:48 AM
    Was the new volume slider ever present on any of the earlier betas? For some reason I remember it being on some earlier ones but now the ugly one is back in the middle of the screen when adjusting volume in a video. Its been back for the last few betas. Why was this put back in???
    09-13-2017 04:19 AM
    Just got the notification

Is this the GM Version but released early to beta users?
    09-13-2017 04:52 AM
    Don’t worry, answered my own question.

Am I safe to delete the beta profile after installing?
    09-13-2017 05:01 AM
    Don’t worry, answered my own question.

Am I safe to delete the beta profile after installing?
    If you do not want to participate in future betas, feel free to delete the beta profile.
    09-13-2017 06:07 AM
    My word it is so slow to download.
    09-13-2017 07:23 AM
    I agree with you. My iPad is running quite smoothly, in my opinion, regarding rotation.
    09-13-2017 09:21 AM
147 1234 ...