AirPlay 2 doesn't seem to be in anything at the moment. Is it due to the limits of hardware? If that is the case, and AirPlay 2 is supported in new hardware, like in a new Apple TV, then wouldn't they also release other AirPlay 2 compatible devices? Surely they wouldn't release just one, the new Apple TV.
    08-31-2017 06:43 PM
    Not necessarily. AirPlay 2 is a software update that allows for multi-device streaming.
    08-31-2017 06:54 PM
    Not necessarily. AirPlay 2 is a software update that allows for multi-device streaming.
    For the devices streaming the music, like iOS and Mac devices, it can be through an update, but what about the devices they are pushing audio to? Are there any that support it now? And why would they wait so long to push out an update to their current routers? Would they wait until the day it comes out to have everyone update their Airport base stations? I would think that they would have updated their routers before now so that beta testers can beta test. But there's been no beta tests for it; is it because the existing stations aren't compatible and need better hardware? That's what I'm hoping for.
    08-31-2017 06:58 PM
    For the devices streaming the music, like iOS and Mac devices, it can be through an update, but what about the devices they are pushing audio to? Are there any that support it now? And why would they wait so long to push out an update to their current routers? Would they wait until the day it comes out to have everyone update their Airport base stations? I would think that they would have updated their routers before now so that beta testers can beta test. But there's been no beta tests for it; is it because the existing stations aren't compatible and need better hardware? That's what I'm hoping for.
    The devices that the audio is being pushed to are endpoints that plays what is being streamed. Why would they need to be updated? I mean, the focus of AirPlay 2 is the ability to multi-stream. Granted, I haven't read a good deal on it, but that's the gist of what I've gathered. If I've misunderstood your posts, I'm sorry.
    08-31-2017 07:08 PM
    The devices that the audio is being pushed to are endpoints that plays what is being streamed. Why would they need to be updated? I mean, the focus of AirPlay 2 is the ability to multi-stream. Granted, I haven't read a good deal on it, but that's the gist of what I've gathered. If I've misunderstood your posts, I'm sorry.
    Oh that makes sense, I guess the update would be necessary for the device pushing the audio. Dang. I was hoping for new routers lol
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-31-2017 07:10 PM