When it displays the 4 "Ma" apps, is it in the "Applications" section? I don't seem to have that section anymore but just the Top Hit section, but I need to type in the whole app name for it to appear there.
    Try going to settings > General > Spotlight Search > Toggle Siri Suggestions off. Then do a hard reset (reboot). Then go toggle Siri Suggestions back on.
    09-01-2017 11:02 AM
    I got a brand new iPhone 7 yesterday and immediately loaded. Everything good except the same two issues I’ve had since PB1. Battery drain on idle is **** poor compared with iOS 10 and the 3D Touch animation on app icons is hideous.
    09-01-2017 02:52 PM
    I got a brand new iPhone 7 yesterday and immediately loaded. Everything good except the same two issues I’ve had since PB1. Battery drain on idle is **** poor compared with iOS 10 and the 3D Touch animation on app icons is hideous.
    Battery drain is likely apps adjusting. Swipe any known battery users out of multitasking. Then do a hard reset (reboot).
    09-01-2017 03:33 PM
    Battery drain is likely apps adjusting. Swipe any known battery users out of multitasking. Then do a hard reset (reboot).
    Agreed. I had fairly heavy battery drain for a day or two after installing PB6, but a hard reset did the trick. That and I made sure that I kept my regular usage routine, testing things as they might come up in my normal daily usage rather than run through a bunch of things in a short period of time. I've done this same thing after each PB install and I've never had any major battery issues.
    09-01-2017 03:44 PM
    Has your sibling tried anything to fix that? Reset All Settings might help.
    Yep!
    09-01-2017 06:04 PM
    Anyone having issues with the public beta draining the battery on their Apple Watch? I installed the profile on my AW but doesn’t look like there’s a public beta available yet.
    You have to unpair your watch and then re-pair it. This will fix your battery drain. My watch wouldn’t last 6 hours before I did this. Now I get the same battery life as watchOS 3.
    dasupaman23 likes this.
    09-01-2017 06:55 PM
    You have to unpair your watch and then re-pair it. This will fix your battery drain. My watch wouldn’t last 6 hours before I did this. Now I get the same battery life as watchOS 3.
    Giving this a shot. Thanks!
    09-01-2017 09:34 PM
    Giving this a shot. Thanks!
    Don’t install the Siri watch face either, a lot of people have said that it drains battery also.
    09-01-2017 09:47 PM
    Yep, I'm also running it on my spare 6 and it is slow.
    Sorry to hear that. It is running speedy on my iPhone 5s.
    09-02-2017 03:22 AM
    That’s very interesting.
    09-02-2017 04:35 AM
    Just dl’ed Beta 8. If I do a factory resets will I still be on Beta 8 after?
    09-02-2017 09:13 AM
    The answer to my question is YES.
    09-02-2017 12:33 PM
    Since it's loaded on my spare 6, no big deal. I'm going to do a clean install over the holiday weekend and see what happens.
    09-02-2017 01:03 PM
    PB8 running perfect on my iPhone 7 and iPad 2017 so far
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-02-2017 01:29 PM
    I just got a new beta through. Is it PB9?
    09-03-2017 07:03 AM
    I just got a new beta through. Is it PB9?
    As of right now the latest public beta is PB8. Developer beta is on 9 though.
    09-03-2017 07:27 AM
    As of right now the latest public beta is PB8. Developer beta is on 9 though.
    Yes. For some reason it only showed up today.
    09-03-2017 09:10 AM
    iOS 11 beta definitely runs warmer on my 7+ than 10.
    09-03-2017 04:00 PM
    Have been playing with this beta on my 7 Plus for a couple days now. Please, somebody tell me that the new hardware will do something to make this seem like a worthwhile upgrade? Because right now, it's just some font changes and a couple other visual tweaks. Otherwise, this is a lot of same old same old. (The whole "Apple Pay over iMessage" improvement isn't really something that excites me too much.) I was really hoping the 10th Anniversary iPhone was going to lead to a greatly improved iOS as well.
    geonautabcn likes this.
    09-03-2017 04:19 PM
    Safari seems snappier
    09-03-2017 05:10 PM
    Have been playing with this beta on my 7 Plus for a couple days now. Please, somebody tell me that the new hardware will do something to make this seem like a worthwhile upgrade? Because right now, it's just some font changes and a couple other visual tweaks. Otherwise, this is a lot of same old same old. (The whole "Apple Pay over iMessage" improvement isn't really something that excites me too much.) I was really hoping the 10th Anniversary iPhone was going to lead to a greatly improved iOS as well.
    I’m sure Apple is hiding a few things in regards to iOS 11 on the upcoming iPhone.
    09-03-2017 05:55 PM
    I’m sure Apple is hiding a few things in regards to iOS 11 on the upcoming iPhone.
    I don't recall them ever doing that.
    TripleOne likes this.
    09-03-2017 11:09 PM
    I don't recall them ever doing that.
    There are several examples at this point of the iOS beta in the past. Portrait mode photo in iOS 10 is one example. 3D Touch in iOS 9. These were not announced until the iPhone announcements in September. (Portrait mode, obviously, came later to iOS 10.)

That said, I'll take excellent, steady evolution of iOS over flashy features every time. Making a list of user-forward interface features ignores all of the upgrades and additions to the API that make the OS and the apps that the phone and iPad run more powerful. As for user-interface function, we already see big differences in multitasking and the dock on the iPad, plus control center on the iPhone, and, if the rumors of the new phone that doesn't have a physical home button and Touch ID sensor are true, in the iPhone as well.
    TripleOne likes this.
    09-04-2017 06:33 AM
    There are several examples at this point of the iOS beta in the past. Portrait mode photo in iOS 10 is one example. 3D Touch in iOS 9. These were not announced until the iPhone announcements in September. (Portrait mode, obviously, came later to iOS 10.)

That said, I'll take excellent, steady evolution of iOS over flashy features every time. Making a list of user-forward interface features ignores all of the upgrades and additions to the API that make the OS and the apps that the phone and iPad run more powerful. As for user-interface function, we already see big differences in multitasking and the dock on the iPad, plus control center on the iPhone, and, if the rumors of the new phone that doesn't have a physical home button and Touch ID sensor are true, in the iPhone as well.
    Didn't those features you mentioned require new hardware, such as the 3D Touch sensors? I refered to software, not hardware of the new iPhone.
    09-04-2017 05:49 PM
    Didn't those features you mentioned require new hardware, such as the 3D Touch sensors? I refered to software, not hardware of the new iPhone.
    Maybe you weren't, but, to recall the conversation, @sangs said, "Please, somebody tell me that the new hardware will do something to make this seem like a worthwhile upgrade?". To which @TripleOne replied, "I’m sure Apple is hiding a few things in regards to iOS 11 on the upcoming iPhone." To which you replied, "I don't recall them ever doing that."
    09-04-2017 06:52 PM
61 123