Public Beta 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickeylittle

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
When I do a Spotlight Search for an Application, I now have to type in the whole App name before it will appear in results. So for example, if I'm looking for Mail, it will only appear in the results once I type the last letter. Has anyone seen this issue I've been having since I started on Beta 6 until now?

Works fine for me on my iPad Pro. It pops to the top of the search items list once I reach the I in Mail. Once I reach the A as in Ma it shows all my apps with ma such as Mail, Google Maps, Maps, and Mantis Bible.

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Works fine for me on my iPad Pro. It pops to the top of the search items list once I reach the I in Mail. Once I reach the A as in Ma it shows all my apps with ma such as Mail, Google Maps, Maps, and Mantis Bible.

Working fine for me on my iPhone 7.

James92103

Sep 1, 2017
Visit site
Working fine for me on my iPhone 7.

When it displays the 4 "Ma" apps, is it in the "Applications" section? I don't seem to have that section anymore but just the Top Hit section, but I need to type in the whole app name for it to appear there.

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
When it displays the 4 "Ma" apps, is it in the "Applications" section? I don't seem to have that section anymore but just the Top Hit section, but I need to type in the whole app name for it to appear there.

Yep - Mail is the first in line within the "Applications" section. I've tried searching for several apps and I haven't been able to reproduce what you're experiencing.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Try going to settings > General > Spotlight Search > Toggle Siri Suggestions off. Then do a hard reset (reboot). Then go toggle Siri Suggestions back on.

Nick Vis

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I got a brand new iPhone 7 yesterday and immediately loaded. Everything good except the same two issues I’ve had since PB1. Battery drain on idle is **** poor compared with iOS 10 and the 3D Touch animation on app icons is hideous.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I got a brand new iPhone 7 yesterday and immediately loaded. Everything good except the same two issues I’ve had since PB1. Battery drain on idle is **** poor compared with iOS 10 and the 3D Touch animation on app icons is hideous.

Battery drain is likely apps adjusting. Swipe any known battery users out of multitasking. Then do a hard reset (reboot).

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Battery drain is likely apps adjusting. Swipe any known battery users out of multitasking. Then do a hard reset (reboot).

Agreed. I had fairly heavy battery drain for a day or two after installing PB6, but a hard reset did the trick. That and I made sure that I kept my regular usage routine, testing things as they might come up in my normal daily usage rather than run through a bunch of things in a short period of time. I've done this same thing after each PB install and I've never had any major battery issues.

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Anyone having issues with the public beta draining the battery on their Apple Watch? I installed the profile on my AW but doesn’t look like there’s a public beta available yet.

You have to unpair your watch and then re-pair it. This will fix your battery drain. My watch wouldn’t last 6 hours before I did this. Now I get the same battery life as watchOS 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox