New wifi changes

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
So quick question, on iOS 11 if you toggle off wifi, it disconnects the wifi but leaves your wifi toggle on and still lets you connect to wifi that you have auto join when you re enter the wifi zone, with wifi toggled off but still left on. Has anyone noticed if it consume battery life ?

thedonp

Banned
May 19, 2017
Visit site
So quick question, on iOS 11 if you toggle off wifi, it disconnects the wifi but leaves your wifi toggle on and still lets you connect to wifi that you have auto join when you re enter the wifi zone, with wifi toggled off but still left on. Has anyone noticed if it consume battery life ?

I haven’t seen it use more or less since it’s been introduced.

Kizzy Catwoman

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
Actually that makes sense. I turned off wifi when i went out. And then suddenly it was trying to connect to local wifi. I must admit I assumed I had forgotten to turn off wifi, but I was sure I had. So maybe it isn't properly disconnecting

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Wifi on iOS 11 is not deactivated with the toggle in Control Center. This is by design. It simply disconnects from the current connected wifi and disables auto connect for it.

anon(6014961)

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Wifi on iOS 11 is not deactivated with the toggle in Control Center. This is by design. It simply disconnects from the current connected wifi and disables auto connect for it.

That's a brilliant implementation! I'm sick of having to "forget" networks all the time while I'm out and about.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
That's a brilliant implementation! I'm sick of having to "forget" networks all the time while I'm out and about.

Let’s there not be any confusion, the disabling of auto connect is only temporary.
When you’re gone from that place and come back it will connect again.

Kizzy Catwoman

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
It is annoying having it trying to connect to every stray wifi connection when i turn it off to go out. Not a good implementation at all in my view

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It is annoying having it trying to connect to every stray wifi connection when i turn it off to go out. Not a good implementation at all in my view

That has nothing to do with the new way how the toggle in Control Center works.

 simply included a few public wifi so you don’t have to go look for it yourself.
For people that are too mobile and out and about, it can be inconvenient.
But not everybody has unlimited internet.
And please don’t forget that  operates all around the globe. The including of public wifi may not be all that useful in American and European continent but it sure is a welcome addition in upcoming economies and third world countries.

Last edited:

Kizzy Catwoman

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
That has nothing to do with the new way how the toggle in Control Center works.

 simply included a few public wifi so you don’t have to go look for it yourself.
For people that are too mobile and out and about, it can be inconvenient.
But not everybody has unlimited internet.
And please don’t forget that  operates all around the globe. The including of public wifi may not be all that useful in American and European continent but it sure is a welcome addition in upcoming economies and third world countries.

I do wish there was a choice though. When I turned Wi-Fi off through control center it used to keep off until I turned it back on again. Just saying that was preferable.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711