Developer Beta 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 Developer Beta 7

Is it really stable enough for use on your daily driver?

It is pretty good now. It's been a bit of a rocky road this time but the latest is solid. We're getting close to official release so I'd be surprised if there were any real issues moving forward but it is still in beta.

derekgraham78

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site

It is pretty good now. It's been a bit of a rocky road this time but the latest is solid. We're getting close to official release so I'd be surprised if there were any real issues moving forward but it is still in beta.

I just installed the public beta on my secondary iPhone which I don't use as my daily driver. I'm tempted to install the developer beta on it. Not sure if I should install either on my iPhone 7+

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I just installed the public beta on my secondary iPhone which I don't use as my daily driver. I'm tempted to install the developer beta on it. Not sure if I should install either on my iPhone 7+

There's no difference between the two, just might get the dev beta a bit before public but that window is closing now that the beta is getting more stable.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site

Running dev beta 7 on my SE and my battery life is at least as good as it was on 10.3.3 and I feel the same about dev beta 7 on my iPad Pro 10.5 Could not be more happy

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Wow. That really is a bummer yeah. I have the iPhone 7 Plus 256GB. I guess it really is random.

My battery was solid on beta 3-5. Then went to complete crap with beta 6. I follow a lot of tech people on Twitter. They are saying battery is awful too. So at least I know it’s not just me. Back on 10.3.3 and battery is back to being awesome. So who knows.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Although I installed this beta on my second device which I don't use much, I've already decided to go back to iOS 10. I have no idea what my battery life was because I don't ever obsess over things like that. There were little quirks and such that I come to expect from a beta when 3rd party apps aren't updated to be compatible with it. I got to see whatever is new firsthand so I know what to expect come Fall. Overall, pretty cool.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Although I installed this beta on my second device which I don't use much, I've already decided to go back to iOS 10. I have no idea what my battery life was because I don't ever obsess over things like that. There were little quirks and such that I come to expect from a beta when 3rd party apps aren't updated to be compatible with it. I got to see whatever is new firsthand so I know what to expect come Fall. Overall, pretty cool.

I only obsess over battery if it doesn’t get me through the day. And for the first time since having a 6 plus, 6s plus, and 7 plus I can’t make it through the day on a single charge. And I’m coming up well short of making it through the day. I am back on 10.3.3 and battery life has significantly increased for me. I guess having some new features just isn’t worth the cost of battery life. Will Apple get it right? Yes they will. They just aren’t there yet. But they will get there eventually.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I don't obsess over battery either but know that by noon if I'm down to 30% it's bad lol My experience isn't very good on battery on this one but I'm also using a 6s that I got nearly 2 years ago (though the battery was replaced earlier this year in the recall program)

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I’ve been on the beta for almost two days now. It’s still smooth, not a single crash or random restart.

derekgraham78

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
iOS 11 Developer Beta 7

Alarm is fine ringer volume was all the way down and control ringer volume by buttons was off for some reason in settings

Last edited:

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
iOS 11 Developer Beta 7

Yeah, 3rd party app issues do bug me a bit. I currently have 3 apps that are non-functional due to the changes(2 apps from QNAP are missing a title bar so the save/cancel buttons don't work and Calendar 5 from Readdle does see any of my calendars except Google).

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I don't obsess over battery either but know that by noon if I'm down to 30% it's bad lol My experience isn't very good on battery on this one but I'm also using a 6s that I got nearly 2 years ago (though the battery was replaced earlier this year in the recall program)
It's the beta. My 7 plus was dropping so fast. And the battery is only 4 months old because its one of the new red models. I estimated to get about 30-40 less battery life on beta 7 than I do on 10.3.3. No joke.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Alarm is fine ringer volume was all the way down and control ringer volume by buttons was off for some reason in settings
Mine kept doing the same when I was on the beta. Really the only bug I found outside of battery life.

ACJr

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site

For some reason I can't get multitasking to work on my iPad Pro 9.7" on this Beta..by the way I just got it and have everything turned ON except 'Show Suggested and Recent Apps'..any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Ago5tino

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

It's the beta. My 7 plus was dropping so fast. And the battery is only 4 months old because its one of the new red models. I estimated to get about 30-40 less battery life on beta 7 than I do on 10.3.3. No joke.

My iPhone 7 Plus was rotten with battery life since the update, something was keeping the phone active somewhere as both standby and usage battery stats were exactly the same. I've rebooted, hopefully will sort it. Otherwise I'll have to delete recently installed apps to see if they are the culprit. Otherwise, overall, I'm finding the beta to be pretty good all round and no major issues.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

My iPhone 7 Plus was rotten with battery life since the update, something was keeping the phone active somewhere as both standby and usage battery stats were exactly the same. I've rebooted, hopefully will sort it. Otherwise I'll have to delete recently installed apps to see if they are the culprit. Otherwise, overall, I'm finding the beta to be pretty good all round and no major issues.
Yeah i didnr have anything keeping both stays the same. I know exactly what your talking about in the battery stats being rhe same. I saw that in earlier betas. One thing India notice while in the beta was rhe health app was using a tremendously high percentage of the battery. Maybe that's my culprit. But I only open that app a couple times a day so not sure what's causing it to drain. Outside of battery, I agree it's a very stable beta. I can handle some bugs. But I just can't handle having horrible battery.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

For my 7+ I'm very happy with the battery life im seeing on beta 7. I tried both beta 1 and 6 previously and had very poor battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods