Public Beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
In iOS 11, pressing the sleep/wake button five times brings up a new Emergency SOS feature and disables Touch ID. Anyone tried this?

It works. Makes a weird alert sound and gives a count down before calling your SOS number(s) in case you accidentally do it. But it does disable it.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else notice auto brightness is gone?? My phone keeps going light and dark í*½í¸¡

I don't use auto brightness but I have had the brightness drop on two occasions now. I have my brightness set around 45-50% normally and twice now, after the phone went to sleep and woke up, my brightness dropped to around 25-30% and I had to set it back to its normal brightness.

Auto dimming/brightness is off and always has been.

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, just noticed I gained 9 GB of storage space. Not sure if it was that way before or not on beta 4.

Interesting I’m losing space!

I had 3GB free when I did the install. Went to take a photo the next day and was told there was no storage space to take a photo.

I did a wipe and clean install back to 10.3.3 then back into safari and back to the beta to re-register the device. Reinstalled iOS 11 beta 5 and then my iCloud back up.

Once everything had finished reinstalling it had 5.2GB free. Happy with that until I’ve gone to take a photo less than two full days later to find out there’s no free space again.

e5070ca49b42d3c5de4a04dafcc6b7f3.png

It’s all gone to other once again. I’m at a loss to explain how it’s gone from 10.1 GB used to 15.6GB in under 2 days

I’m now trapped though as my backup obviously won’t restore to 10.3.3 and I can downgrade back to beta 4 so I’m stuck

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Interesting I’m losing space!

I had 3GB free when I did the install. Went to take a photo the next day and was told there was no storage space to take a photo.

I did a wipe and clean install back to 10.3.3 then back into safari and back to the beta to re-register the device. Reinstalled iOS 11 beta 5 and then my iCloud back up.

Once everything had finished reinstalling it had 5.2GB free. Happy with that until I’ve gone to take a photo less than two full days later to find out there’s no free space again.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170818/e5070ca49b42d3c5de4a04dafcc6b7f3.png

It’s all gone to other once again. I’m at a loss to explain how it’s gone from 10.1 GB used to 15.6GB in under 2 days

I’m now trapped though as my backup obviously won’t restore to 10.3.3 and I can downgrade back to beta 4 so I’m stuck

Have you reported any bugs in the Feedback app? If so, those reports might take a lot of storage space. I made 30 bug reports in the iOS 10 beta, and it used over 12 gb of my storage space. I still haven't got it back. I was told by an Apple tech, the only way is to restore as new via iTunes on computer. Not sure what else your issue would be.

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Have you reported any bugs in the Feedback app? If so, those reports might take a lot of storage space. I made 30 bug reports in the iOS 10 beta, and it used over 12 gb of my storage space. I still haven't got it back. I was told by an Apple tech, the only way is to restore as new via iTunes on computer. Not sure what else your issue would be.

I did restore as new and then go back to Beta and restore a back up.

Once apps had all re-installed I had loads of space free.

However I’ve googled this and found from research that it’s not just me. People with 256GN phones and iPads are also finding the system can easily fill all the vacant space on the device leaving them just a few megs.

For some people it started in beta 4, beta 4 was fine for me but I definitely have that issue now.

daz_kayak

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Applemusic app tells me to switch to UK store and won't let me play music I'm in the UK app store and music store and have tried signing out and back in still won't work.

Bijutech1

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Speaking of which while we are on the subject of iOS 11 beta’s has anyone noticed their iOS devices battery depleting if you turn off Bluetooth like unexpectedly out of the blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711