Public Beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazrfc93

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Im Daz_kayak on another phone. So I've just tried to reset all phone settings and it's stuck at 3/4 and basically bricked my phone? I now can't even get into my phone even with hard refresh! Great one apple!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Im Daz_kayak on another phone. So I've just tried to reset all phone settings and it's stuck at 3/4 and basically bricked my phone? I now can't even get into my phone even with hard refresh! Great one apple!

You Reset All Settings, or tried to restore with Erase All Content and settings?

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Everything seems pretty stable on my 7 Plus and battery seems about average. The biggest issue I’m noticing on this build is with the auto rotate. It goes into landscape too easily and doesn’t want to go back into portrait. I need to rotate it 180 degrees then back into portrait.

Dazrfc93

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
You Reset All Settings, or tried to restore with Erase All Content and settings?

I attempted to erase all settings but keep content and I now have this if o hard reset it'll eventually come back to this
89e48e4fa29bc369bd2d01129c09d9c8.jpg

aeq

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Storage shot

1C025F0E-2398-457F-A8B5-7D6551EF35A8.png
95FCD490-8B19-40FA-BCA1-1FB9104F6A12.png

Losing. My. Mind. Have done multiple reset settings / restores to utter defeat. Wah. Thought it would get better with new betas but not yet! It says system 10GB. (How dare it suggest for me to iCloud my like 20 photos, pshhhh). Send help!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 119326
View attachment 119327

Losing. My. Mind. Have done multiple reset settings / restores to utter defeat. Wah. Thought it would get better with new betas but not yet! It says system 10GB. (How dare it suggest for me to iCloud my like 20 photos, pshhhh). Send help!!

20 photos and photos is 1.02 gb? You got a bunch of videos on there too?
Have you by any chance been reporting beta bugs in the feedback app?
Did you restore via iTunes on computer? Did you restore as new, or from a back up?

aeq

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
20 photos and photos is 1.02 gb? You got a bunch of videos on there too?
Have you by any chance been reporting beta bugs in the feedback app?
Did you restore via iTunes on computer? Did you restore as new, or from a back up?

Haha sorry, sarcasm at its finest. I have 200 photos and 20 10 second (Snapchat) videos. But still feel like that’s way too little for it to matter... zero music, zero text/iMessages and 3 days only email sync which is like 4 things since I am a serial deleter?

Yes have been reporting. Though come to think of it I think they only replied to my battery submission - not that the reply really matters tho. And I went to the Apple store for guidance he said my phone is old and further betas likely improve (6S plus le sigh where are you iPhone 8). Yep restored from iTunes! And restored from backup... was that wrong? I feel like various interweb directions led me to that choice but perhaps I chose so I could keep my apps etc?

Anyway I’ve actually come to accept the iPhone storage nope no storage loser message. Waiting out new phone. Will get giant storage model ;)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Haha sorry, sarcasm at its finest. I have 200 photos and 20 10 second (Snapchat) videos. But still feel like that’s way too little for it to matter... zero music, zero text/iMessages and 3 days only email sync which is like 4 things since I am a serial deleter?

Yes have been reporting. Though come to think of it I think they only replied to my battery submission - not that the reply really matters tho. And I went to the Apple store for guidance he said my phone is old and further betas likely improve (6S plus le sigh where are you iPhone 8). Yep restored from iTunes! And restored from backup... was that wrong? I feel like various interweb directions led me to that choice but perhaps I chose so I could keep my apps etc?

Anyway I’ve actually come to accept the iPhone storage nope no storage loser message. Waiting out new phone. Will get giant storage model ;)

The reason I asked about reporting bugs in that app, is because it takes a lot of storage space on the phone. On the iOS 10 beta, I submitted 30 bug reports. It took 12 gb of my storage space. I still haven't got it back. I'm on 10.1.1. I had one report take more than 1 gb. That may be some of your "other" taking your space. An Apple tech from the beta team told me the only way to get it back was to connect to iTunes via computer and restore as new, not from a back up.
Even if you delete the beta profile, the software remains on the phone, including the storage taken by bug reporting. So it's in a back up.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Me neither so far, but maybe I was using the phone more. I will wait a couple days to be sure.

Battery life was back to normal yesterday. Finished the work day with 62% battery left.

I did notice another issue. My night shift comes on very early and goes off very late. I have it set sunset to sunrise, and it has always been good, but now it comes on before 5PM and off after 8AM. Almost like they got the two transposed somehow (like it should be on at 8PM and off at 5AM).

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Any issues with existing apps NOT working? I'm holding off making the jump to iOS11 because I use apps that I depend on daily, such as Bills Monitor and eWallet. Anyone have experience with either of these and do they work on iOS11?

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else notice auto brightness is gone?? My phone keeps going light and dark ������

I found it in accessibility> display accomodations. FWIW, It had turned itself on and was driving me crazy but switched it back and it is staying off. :)

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Battery life was back to normal yesterday. Finished the work day with 62% battery left.

I did notice another issue. My night shift comes on very early and goes off very late. I have it set sunset to sunrise, and it has always been good, but now it comes on before 5PM and off after 8AM. Almost like they got the two transposed somehow (like it should be on at 8PM and off at 5AM).

My battery life seems to be back to normal as well. I was getting significant drain on my iPhone at first, but I was also using it quite a bit. Now that I'm back to my normal usage pattern, the battery appears to be tracking as normal.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
In iOS 11, pressing the sleep/wake button five times brings up a new Emergency SOS feature and disables Touch ID. Anyone tried this?

daz_kayak

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I now have my device back on 10.3.3 after resetting it thanks to the help of Apple Store. Luckily to a back up just before I went onto beta and not from new! Lesson learned. Might wait a bit before trying the beta again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711