Public Beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Scroll to find iOS beta 5. Mine was located in this manner. I was able to select and delete. Then go back to software update and download again. Worked for me.

That worked. Don’t know why I didn’t think of that. Thanks!!

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Based on the good reviews of the PB 5, I have downloaded it to my daily driver...iPhone 7Plus. Very snappy and seems very stable so far. I was holding back because I had a very serious lag with it on my spare 6. Hope it is stable and battery life is good as it settles in.

And I like that we have the "signal strength bars" back instead of the dots.

One thing that I have noticed that my Apple Watch battery status does not show up in the batteries section. I'll try rebooting the phone and see what happens.

OK, after rebooting the phone, the Apple Watch battery status is displayed.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Based on the good reviews of the PB 5, I have downloaded it to my daily driver...iPhone 7Plus. Very snappy and seems very stable so far. I was holding back because I had a very serious lag with it on my spare 6. Hope it is stable and battery life is good as it settles in.

And I like that we have the "signal strength bars" back instead of the dots.

One thing that I have noticed that my Apple Watch battery status does not show up in the batteries section. I'll try rebooting the phone and see what happens.

OK, after rebooting the phone, the Apple Watch battery status is displayed.
Battery life for me hasn't been good at all on this build

KBV1

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, app store via imessage opens fine now. Just test flight is an issue

Did you do anything to get this working? I still keep getting the "Cannot connect to app store"

Anyone having issues updating apps and downloading free apps?

Yeah I have had a few issues. Takes a few clicks to get it updating. Also apps will install but still shows as a downloading update in the app store :/

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Me neither so far, but maybe I was using the phone more. I will wait a couple days to be sure.
My battery on the beta would drop about 10% while having screen on consecutively for 20 mins. On 10.3.3, I would drop about 5% in same amount of time. That, has nothing to do with usage. Just poor battery life.

daz_kayak

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Here’s a new one that’s happened a few hours after installing, can’t get into the music app , just getting a white screen with the icons at the bottom even after a hard reset!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I noticed on my iPad pro (10.5") when you double tap the home button to open app switcher there is a noticeable lag before the recent apps pull up (like 2-3 seconds before they appear)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I noticed on my iPad pro (10.5") when you double tap the home button to open app switcher there is a noticeable lag before the recent apps pull up (like 2-3 seconds before they appear)

I have the 10.5 pro and I have no lag on that. Mine is instant when I double tap home button.

daz_kayak

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Can't get what back? The app? Music?

375caeaeac48a24117ec7b88f1ec0995.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members