iOS 11 Developer beta 6 available

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
With each and every build I get more detached in every way from EVER making the jump to iOS 11. iOS 10.3.3 is likely where my journey stops.

It may even sway me to Android if Apple continues down this path of mediocre operating system development.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With each and every build I get more detached in every way from EVER making the jump to iOS 11. iOS 10.3.3 is likely where my journey stops.

It may even sway me to Android if Apple continues down this path of mediocre operating system development.

Are you currently using or have you ever installed iOS 11 Dev beta 6 in any of your iOS devices?

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site

Coming from Android, 7 months ago and 5 years prior. Nothing has changed much over there either.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been an active iOS dev user for years.

I understand. The comment about “... from EVER making the jump to iOS 11. iOS 10.3.3 is likely where my journey stops” led to me to wonder if you had tried iOS 11. That’s all....

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
An update on that battery life. I haven’t used my phone much in the last ~6 hours and only lost 13-14% battery. Seems pretty solid.

It's interesting how much battery the cellular antenna seems to use. I have a 5S I put PB5 on which I've been using in airplane mode with WiFi and Bluetooth turned on. It only lost 49% battery power after 6 days of being on. I've been using the device mainly as my alarm clock and Netflix remote. Standby has been *amazing*.

Sent via the Communications Center of the Drala Fi

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

What's preventing you from making the jump to iOS 11?

Jumpman89

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else a little nervous with all this bugs so late in the process? Maybe it is just me, but the last few iOS releases didn't seem to have this much bugginess this late in the process.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else a little nervous with all this bugs so late in the process? Maybe it is just me, but the last few iOS releases didn't seem to have this much bugginess this late in the process.

I’m one of the ones who are not experiencing all the bugs you mentioned. iOS 11 has been great on my devices throughout the beta process and dev beta 6 is downright awesome and stable as heck for ‘me’.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Yes. I've said that before. That's why I keep rolling back to 10.3.3 on my iPhone. Just so much better there. I am though still running iOS 11 on my iPad 10.5. It's such a big upgrade for that I don't mind dealing with all the bugs.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
For me personally my experience with iOS11 on my 10.5” and 12.9” iPad’s has been great, especially with the focus on multi-tasking. I personally can’t say I would agree with some of the points raised against iOS11 in this thread.

I own a few Android devices, and I see the flexibility/openness and advantages, however for me (and it is a personal thing) iOS delivers more of what I’m looking for.

I’m tempted to give iOS 11 on my iPhone 7+ another shot, as this is the first beta cycle I’ve not had on my daily driver iPhone since getting my iPhone 3GS.

rohitsingh

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to share images through iMessages. The share icon in the image gallery does not list messages as an option. Can anyone check and confirm if its just me or a wider problem. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox