Facetime video issuea

Kizzy Catwoman

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
Hi. When using facetime with my daughter neither of us can see the other. We are both on pb4 and it happens both ends. Not a deal breaker. We can skype still. Also the live photos taken when on facetime are not saving to the camera roll. I noticed that when i sent feedback and couldn't take a photo to upload. I managed using screenshot.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi. When using facetime with my daughter neither of us can see the other. We are both on pb4 and it happens both ends. Not a deal breaker. We can skype still. Also the live photos taken when on facetime are not saving to the camera roll. I noticed that when i sent feedback and couldn't take a photo to upload. I managed using screenshot.

Are you certain you're not selecting the FaceTime Audio option?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Without being rude, I am certain I am not using audio mode. I use facetime a lot and am not dumb.

No one has implied your dumb. We always try to rule out the obvious first. Which devices do you use? Most issues my wife and I have with Facetime are wifi related. But your issue sounds different. You both might try swiping the Facetime app out of multitasking. Then do a hard reset.
7 Reset
Hold the power/wake button and the volume down button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Then release.
Older devices:
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
If that doesn't work, try Reset All Settings:
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW