iOS 11 Public Beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Settings > emergency sos. Crashes and goes to home screen for me. I've reported it!

Works fine for me...

4333088edc0b6a3412bc408fa6df3103.jpg

Nick Vis

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Biggest battery issue for me is from streaming over wi-fi it seems, standby is ok and general use is ok not great. But man does it plummet when streaming. iOS 10 didn't tank like that.

madman76

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
I want to make the switch on my daily driver. I understand it is a beta- but any major battery or communication issues to be aware of that would warrant me to not install on daily driver?

Of course I'll backup and downgrade to iOS 10 if need be.

thedonp

Banned
May 19, 2017
Visit site
I want to make the switch on my daily driver. I understand it is a beta- but any major battery or communication issues to be aware of that would warrant me to not install on daily driver?

Of course I'll backup and downgrade to iOS 10 if need be.

It varies for everyone.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I know. Looking for a general consensus.

Previous betas I would say no but at least for PB3 (dev beta 4) I would have said yes to most. Just put this one on yesterday so too early to tell, but if it's like the last one or better, I'd still suggest going for it if you understand the risks.

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Wowsers. Just installed Beta 4 on my 7+. Speed! It's so much faster than 10.3.3.3.3.3.3.3.3.3 or what ever it was.

I like it! :p

Remy De Leeuw

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm experiencing an IOS crash when receiving a lockscreen notification from whatsapp only thing that solves it is a reboot of the device.
Any one else had this happening?

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
It has been working well on my SE so far. Still early, but battery life seems on par with what I saw on 10.3.3 (i.e. very good).

I did notice one "issue" and maybe it is just with the small screen. But when playing music, the lock screen text for "No older notifications" almost overlays with "Press home to open". "Press home to open" doesn't appear every time, so maybe that is a glitch too, but if they updated the position just a little on one of the lines of text it wouldn't be an issue.

Also had a small bug with notification badges not clearing for messages. That was when I first installed the beta. After a soft reset that seems to have gone away though.

This is my first beta, but I think it could easily be used for a daily driver.

Attachments

• 20170809_214351000_iOS.png
    20170809_214351000_iOS.png
    902.8 KB · Views: 4

D-Rock

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with their Apple Smartkeyboard? Since installing the latest beta on my iPad, my smartkeyboard has started not working intermittently. Have to reboot to get it to work.

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with their Apple Smartkeyboard? Since installing the latest beta on my iPad, my smartkeyboard has started not working intermittently. Have to reboot to get it to work.

I'll check mine out later when I get home - I haven't tested my installation with the keyboard yet.

md17

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing an IOS crash when receiving a lockscreen notification from whatsapp only thing that solves it is a reboot of the device.
Any one else had this happening?

Do you have a numeric passcode on your phone? If so, is it set to immediately or a timed lock after a certain amount of time

Ric_D

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
With the exception of Command-Tab showing apps that aren’t open, my Smart Keyboard is working fine on my iPad Pro 10.5 with Public Beta 4.

Remy De Leeuw

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Do you have a numeric passcode on your phone? If so, is it set to immediately or a timed lock after a certain amount of time

Yes I have a passcode and its set to immediately.

Just reinstalled whatsapp and it looks like that fixed it.
But i’ve sent feedback to Apple just in case.

D-Rock

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
With the exception of Command-Tab showing apps that aren’t open, my Smart Keyboard is working fine on my iPad Pro 10.5 with Public Beta 4.

After rebooting the iPad my keyboard seems to be working again but it's happened twice now since updating to the latest beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative