Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: IOS Developer beta 5

I like the design and functionality of the new control centre also.
I was referring to the way the Wifi and Bluetooth switches work in iOS 11.
They disconnect the radio rather than switching it off.

Oh okay. Gotcha. It’s an interesting approach and I can see some value but giving us a choice would definitely be optimal. There’s no reason we shouldn’t be able to force press and choose whether to disconnect from a particular WiFi network, for example, or completely turn off the WiFi radio.

Keith Morris

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: IOS Developer beta 5

Oh okay. Gotcha. It’s an interesting approach and I can see some value but giving us a choice would definitely be optimal. There’s no reason we shouldn’t be able to force press and choose whether to disconnect from a particular WiFi network, for example, or completely turn off the WiFi radio.

100% agree!

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 Developer beta 5

I just tried to update my iCloud payment info, I got as far as inputing the CCV number, then the phone crashed and rebooted...

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

I just tried to update my iCloud payment info, I got as far as inputing the CCV number, then the phone crashed and rebooted...

It was a glorious thirty seconds until I realized that my Apple Music doesn't work. It showed that I wasn't signed in to Apple Music, but every time I tried it said that that iTunes Store account already existed. Signing out and back in didn't make a difference. Had to go back to iOS 10. So close, but that is a major app that I use on a daily basis. Had to download a fresh install of iOS 10.3.3 and then restore from an iCloud backup running 10.3.3. I might try the public beta after making an iTunes backup. Anyone else have this issue?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

It was a glorious thirty seconds until I realized that my Apple Music doesn't work. It showed that I wasn't signed in to Apple Music, but every time I tried it said that that iTunes Store account already existed. Signing out and back in didn't make a difference. Had to go back to iOS 10. So close, but that is a major app that I use on a daily basis. Had to download a fresh install of iOS 10.3.3 and then restore from an iCloud backup running 10.3.3. I might try the public beta after making an iTunes backup. Anyone else have this issue?

I do not have that issue, I actually have new features I hadn’t seen before. Apple Music is working fine for me.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

I do not have that issue, I actually have new features I hadn’t seen before. Apple Music is working fine for me.

I was having a couple issues with it, since it wasn't working when restoring either. After downloading iOS 10 on it and then restoring from an iTunes backup, it would not turn on after the iTunes backup completed on my Mac. You can imagine my excitement when I woke up this morning to a phone that wouldn't turn on. Fortunately, it's an Apple device, so I could plug it into another computer and try again. It actually worked when I used a Windows computer and restored from an iCloud backup, so good thing I had both a local backup (that didn't work) and a cloud backup. I will try again with more backups before trying the Public Beta. Maybe I'll have a better time with that

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Early on I said the lag seemed better. I spoke too soon. It was not. Setting up as new didn’t help. Being 5 betas in and still this sluggish, it scares me for the official build. My 7 plus is back on 10.3.3 which is so buttery smooth. I did keep my iPad 10.5 on the beta. My iPad seems to handle the beta better. Still sluggish on that in the same ways but not as often.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I was having a couple issues with it, since it wasn't working when restoring either. After downloading iOS 10 on it and then restoring from an iTunes backup, it would not turn on after the iTunes backup completed on my Mac. You can imagine my excitement when I woke up this morning to a phone that wouldn't turn on. Fortunately, it's an Apple device, so I could plug it into another computer and try again. It actually worked when I used a Windows computer and restored from an iCloud backup, so good thing I had both a local backup (that didn't work) and a cloud backup. I will try again with more backups before trying the Public Beta. Maybe I'll have a better time with that

The public beta and developer beta are the same build.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

Missed running Apple Watch, so figured I would give it another go. So far, not bad. Better, but quirks as normal.... I hate when the keyboard does not come up and I have to reboot 3 times to get it to activate on the screen.

This will be my last beta testing going forward though, to much of a hassle.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Missed running Apple Watch, so figured I would give it another go. So far, not bad. Better, but quirks as normal.... I hate when the keyboard does not come up and I have to reboot 3 times to get it to activate on the screen.

This will be my last beta testing going forward though, to much of a hassle.

This is the exact reason I won’t load the beta on the watch.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Early on I said the lag seemed better. I spoke too soon. It was not. Setting up as new didn’t help. Being 5 betas in and still this sluggish, it scares me for the official build. My 7 plus is back on 10.3.3 which is so buttery smooth. I did keep my iPad 10.5 on the beta. My iPad seems to handle the beta better. Still sluggish on that in the same ways but not as often.

I think the iPad pro has so much hardware it is better able to handle the betas. Will be interesting to see if they get these lag issues worked out before GM. Hope the iPhone 8 handles IOS11 with no lag.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I think the iPad pro has so much hardware it is better able to handle the betas. Will be interesting to see if they get these lag issues worked out before GM. Hope the iPhone 8 handles IOS11 with no lag.

Yeah very minimal lag on my 10.5 pro. Maybe due to more RAM. The lag is there but ever so slightly. It’s a different story on my 7 plus. The lag has been there since beta 1. The lag has improved but not very much. Even restored and started fresh. It doesn’t help one bit. So far now, I’ll keep 7 plus on 10.3.3 where it’s lag free. Now I did expect lag on betas. Early betas. But that is usually solved after first couple of betas. It’s usually not there on beta 5 about a month before official release. In my opinion, these betas have a long way to go. A very long way.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Yeah very minimal lag on my 10.5 pro. Maybe due to more RAM. The lag is there but ever so slightly. It’s a different story on my 7 plus. The lag has been there since beta 1. The lag has improved but not very much. Even restored and started fresh. It doesn’t help one bit. So far now, I’ll keep 7 plus on 10.3.3 where it’s lag free. Now I did expect lag on betas. Early betas. But that is usually solved after first couple of betas. It’s usually not there on beta 5 about a month before official release. In my opinion, these betas have a long way to go. A very long way.

It's that planned obsolesce lol jk (but seriously, will be interesting to see how many more betas there are before GM) and hopefully they get the lag issues worked out. I can only imagine the lag on older devices if it has lag on 7/7+ and iPad pros

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

The public beta and developer beta are the same build.

Turned out to have the same major bug too. I could stream songs in Apple Music but I couldn't add them to my library, nor could I use iCloud Music Library on this public beta. So no betas for me this year

Status
Not open for further replies.