iOS 11 Public Beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

endlessnoodling

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: IOS 11 Public Beta 3

I experienced this also, and I'm pretty sure this is a small bug because I went so far as to delete every one of the pictures/wallpapers I had and that number didn't change after a hard reboot. It bugged me so much that I factory reset the phone just to get rid of the large capacity numbers it was showing. I haven't had the bug reappear again since a factory reset, and I didn't really see anyone else talking about it so I'm guessing this bug isn't all that prevalent.

Thanks Sherry...Always good to know you're not the only one!

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

In google photos you can keep the uploaded photos even after deleting them from your iPhone. But the pics are compressed in google photos. In Flickr you have 1 Tb free keeping the original size and resolution

Only compressed if you are shooting more than 16 mp which no iPhone is anyway

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
IOS 11 Public Beta 3

In google photos you can keep the uploaded photos even after deleting them from your iPhone. But the pics are compressed in google photos. In Flickr you have 1 Tb free keeping the original size and resolution

Understood. I only delete a photo if I don’t want it anymore :)

And Flickr = Yahoo... I deleted photos and closed the account when they were having all that security trouble.

geonautabcn

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

Only compressed if you are shooting more than 16 mp which no iPhone is anyway

You can choose between unlimited storage but compressing the files or keeping the original resolution but using your free 15 gb. If you pay for more capacity that's another thing

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

You can choose between unlimited storage but compressing the files or keeping the original resolution but using your free 15 gb. If you pay for more capacity that's another thing

FREE UNLIMITED STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free, up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD. Access from any device and photos.google.com—your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.

They don't compress unless its above 16mp/1080p

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Well we are talking about now so yeah...

I like to plan ahead. I’m not jumping into something now that I will have to change in a month or two.

Good for those who like it but not for me. But we are veering off topic pretty hard here!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I like to plan ahead. I’m not jumping into something now that I will have to change in a month or two.

Good for those who like it but not for me. But we are veering off topic pretty hard here!

"changing in a month or two" because Google photos has been out for how long? Not like its something new that they will change all the sudden. But I digress, like you said back on topic.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
IOS 11 Public Beta 3

Thanks this is the only thing keeping me from replacing my desktop with an iPad Pro

You could try the AudioShare app, or Audio Copy app. Both are in the App Store. Though, I think it is a limitation of iOS that you will need the iTunes app on your desktop PC for importing music to the iTunes Music directory.

Last edited:

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

I have my music stored on OneDrive. Would be nice if I needed to keep a local copy to be able to drag and drop, but using the Groove Music app I can download the songs I want for offline use, so I am set either way.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

No status bar glitch. This was mentioned by metallicamilitia in the Dev thread but it is present in PB 3 as well. Not able to reproduce but occurs at random somehow.

a9b900fe56bb38613c04ff463af3f3a8.png

Kizzy Catwoman

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site

My battery life is better but my Nationwide banking app is not working. Not working on my daughters phone running ios 11 either so is definitely the app

wetermommy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site

Installed PB3 on my 7+ a few days ago. Running fine with one exception: The size of my Photos library has ballooned by 3-4 times the size (~3GB to 11GB) resulting in my 32GB phone completely running out of space to the point where I can't take any more photos, email won't load etc. I thought photo storage was supposed to DECREASE with iOS11, but perhaps that is only with new photos taken using the new format (HEIF)? Anyone else have this issue? I may have to downgrade back to iOS10, but I assume I'll hit the same issue eventually when the public release comes?

The problem I had with photos formatting to HEIF is when I use Dropbox as my photo backup it doesn't load them because nothing on my windows 10 recognized the format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner