iOS 11 Public Beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: IOS 11 Public Beta 3

It’s simple, @itsmerc wants to know if you can reply to messages directly from the lock screen again.

I keep forgetting to check, I can use quick reply no problem. I do have a 7 Plus though, I’m not sure if there are bugs specific to SE or not. I did just check for you and on my 7 Plus I can reply to texts on the lock screen without issue.

It might be simple if you’ve used that feature before, but I haven’t. I wasn’t aware you could ever reply to a message directly from the lock screen.

Anyway, the answer is no you can’t. You can only open, view or clear. There is no reply option.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Open the Feedback app and check your inbox.
You may need to login first.

The Inbox in the Feedback app on my 6s is empty for Public Beta 3. Odd because on my iPad where I have the dev beta 4, the change log shows up for that beta version. /shrug

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

It might be simple if you’ve used that feature before, but I haven’t. I wasn’t aware you could ever reply to a message directly from the lock screen.

Anyway, the answer is no you can’t. You can only open, view or clear. There is no reply option.

You have to long press or 3D Touch the message.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Obviously there’s no 3D Touch on the SE, and long pressing the notification does nothing unfortunately.

Interesting, I wish I had a device that didn’t have 3D Touch to check things like that. Actually, it may have changed now that I think about it. You’ll have to swipe left and select View.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Interesting, I wish I had a device that didn’t have 3D Touch to check things like that. Actually, it may have changed now that I think about it. You’ll have to swipe left and select View.

I can view the message fine, but there is no way to reply to it directly from the lock screen. Not without unlocking the phone.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I can view the message fine, but there is no way to reply to it directly from the lock screen. Not without unlocking the phone.

That is interesting. Thanks for checking it out. I’m sure Apple will change something to allow non 3D Touch users to respond from the lock screen.

MarkY3130

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
IOS 11 Public Beta 3

Anybody else having trouble with the wallet “suggest on lock screen” feature? None of the public betas this far show my flight boarding passes on the lock screen.

With beta 3 it showed it for about the first hour after I updated today but it has since disappeared again.

If it’s just me I’ll keep combing through the settings and try to figure it out. Restarting the phone did not solve it.

I basically live at the airport so this is something I’d love to have working again. (About to get on 9th flight in 12 days)

b8a24e76ddb430766265bb5b86cfe065.png

prithvi64

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site

I have been using PB3 since the day of launch. Ofcourse, much smoother and battery is stable. But, have some concerns which haven't been addressed;
1. Contact search either thru phone or contact app has lot of lag. It's irritating so much. After opening phone app, search of any contact takes lots of time.
2. Smart Invert still doesn't compatible with third party apps. Pics are shown in inverted manner in FB, Twitter & WhatsApp.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

Quick off topic question relating to my previous post last night... did we lose the ability to multi-quote? I wanted to multi-quote my reply and it was nowhere to be found.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site

Minor bugs aside, there is a HUGE performance improvement between b2 and b3. My phone was almost unusable under b2. Very happy with their progress on this release.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

That is interesting. Thanks for checking it out. I’m sure Apple will change something to allow non 3D Touch users to respond from the lock screen.

If they can that would be great. I use that feature a lot. Then again maybe an updated SE with 3D Touch would be a good alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.