iOS 11 Public Beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: IOS 11 Public Beta 3

Phone was last night in idle mode and phone ate battery 20% in 7 hours.
Other than that it seems good.

Yikes..so it sounds like overall battery is still an issue...might sit this one out..I've gone back to iOS 10 each time because of battery life and lag mostly..

iOS 10 literally doesn't drop anything overnight in idle mode..

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Yikes..so it sounds like overall battery is still an issue...might sit this one out..I've gone back to iOS 10 each time because of battery life and lag mostly..

iOS 10 literally doesn't drop anything overnight in idle mode..

No issues with battery life on my iPad pro.

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site

Battery is fine

On iOS 10.3.3 I've been achieving roughly the following:

15-16 total hours on charge
6-8 hours screen on time
No overnight drain off of charger

This is with my daily use habits.

What's been the overall with iOS 11 this beta so far?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
IOS 11 Public Beta 3

On iOS 10.3.3 I've been achieving roughly the following:

15-16 total hours on charge
6-8 hours screen on time
No overnight drain off of charger

This is with my daily use habits.

What's been the overall with iOS 11 this beta so far?

ffe04afce4179375be7966986b8e73b8.png

With moderate usage yesterday. And no I don’t turn off location services or anything like the above poster.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170726/ffe04afce4179375be7966986b8e73b8.png

With moderate usage yesterday. And no I don’t turn off location services or anything like the above poster.

I’m against disabling key features of my devices.
I’d have stayed with flip phones instead of getting an iPhone 7 Plus if I was gonna disable everything anyway. I only disabled location services for Facebook though. It has no added value for me. The rest is set to While in Use.

Having said that, I understand it perfectly why people would want to disable their location services.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site

I’m against disabling key features of my devices.
I’d have stayed with flip phones instead of getting an iPhone 7 Plus if I was gonna disable everything anyway. I only disabled location services for Facebook though. It has no added value for me. The rest is set to While in Use.

Having said that, I understand it perfectly why people would want to disable their location services.

Agreed.

Tempted to jump on Public Beta 3. So lag and battery seems ok? I am on an iPhone 7 here on VZW. Thanks.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Lag and battery seems ok for me. Im running it on my daily driver. If im going to turn off key features for better battery life, I might as well by a Samsung phone. One of the reasons I left that brand.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site

Lag and battery seems ok for me. Im running it on my daily driver. If im going to turn off key features for better battery life, I might as well by a Samsung phone. One of the reasons I left that brand.

Which iPhone model do you have?

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

I am really tempted to put this on my SE. I keep seeing your question go unanswered though, and it makes me hesitate.

Does anyone have an answer to this?

I’m running iOS 11 PB3 on my SE, but don’t understand the question which is why I haven’t answered it.

Can you explain what you want to know in simple terms, and I’ll test it for you both.

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site

I usually keep everything on in an iPhone. But iOS 11 beta seems to use location services constantly and making phone hot without using it. That’s why I turned it off till they fix it.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Can you once again reply to messages from the lock screen on the SE?

I am really tempted to put this on my SE. I keep seeing your question go unanswered though, and it makes me hesitate.

Does anyone have an answer to this?

I’m running iOS 11 PB3 on my SE, but don’t understand the question which is why I haven’t answered it.

Can you explain what you want to know in simple terms, and I’ll test it for you both.

It’s simple, @itsmerc wants to know if you can reply to messages directly from the lock screen again.

I keep forgetting to check, I can use quick reply no problem. I do have a 7 Plus though, I’m not sure if there are bugs specific to SE or not. I did just check for you and on my 7 Plus I can reply to texts on the lock screen without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR