iOS 11 Public Beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: IOS 11 Public Beta 3

I have an iPhone 7 Plus, and battery life is great.

I took the plunge and installed last night. So far BIG improvement over lag!! Idle battery seems fine so far, and usage battery drain is still a bit high but tolerable..

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I took the plunge and installed last night. So far BIG improvement over lag!! Idle battery seems fine so far, and usage battery drain is still a bit high but tolerable..

Great, and I’m sure the usage stats will settle a bit after a day or two.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Anybody else having trouble with the wallet “suggest on lock screen” feature? None of the public betas this far show my flight boarding passes on the lock screen.

With beta 3 it showed it for about the first hour after I updated today but it has since disappeared again.

If it’s just me I’ll keep combing through the settings and try to figure it out. Restarting the phone did not solve it.

I basically live at the airport so this is something I’d love to have working again. (About to get on 9th flight in 12 days)

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170726/b8a24e76ddb430766265bb5b86cfe065.png

Hey MarkY3130, I had the same problem with PB3 on my iPhone 6. Performed a hard reboot and it worked for me after that. What iPhone are you using?

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Safari is hanging a lot for me on 10.5 iPad. Specifically on rav4world, a car forum. The page will surf fine then lock up. Browser has to be quit then it works fine again.

Also sometimes if I rotate my iPad from landscape to portrate safari wont change. I have to go to home screen and back again.

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

The past day or so my iPad pro 10.5 has really been bad on battery. Not sure why, it was working great before, will have to monitor and see which app is causing the issue. Other than that it is pretty solid.

endlessnoodling

May 26, 2013
Visit site

Installed PB3 on my 7+ a few days ago. Running fine with one exception: The size of my Photos library has ballooned by 3-4 times the size (~3GB to 11GB) resulting in my 32GB phone completely running out of space to the point where I can't take any more photos, email won't load etc. I thought photo storage was supposed to DECREASE with iOS11, but perhaps that is only with new photos taken using the new format (HEIF)? Anyone else have this issue? I may have to downgrade back to iOS10, but I assume I'll hit the same issue eventually when the public release comes?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Installed PB3 on my 7+ a few days ago. Running fine with one exception: The size of my Photos library has ballooned by 3-4 times the size (~3GB to 11GB) resulting in my 32GB phone completely running out of space to the point where I can't take any more photos, email won't load etc. I thought photo storage was supposed to DECREASE with iOS11, but perhaps that is only with new photos taken using the new format (HEIF)? Anyone else have this issue? I may have to downgrade back to iOS10, but I assume I'll hit the same issue eventually when the public release comes?

Do you use iCloud Photo Library? Consider enabling it and using "Optimize iPhone Storage". not sure why your photos would be that large. A couple things to try:

1. Reboot - no brainer and you probably already did that
2. Clear cache - hold the power button until you see the slide to turn off animation. Release and hold the home button until the cache clears (you'll see the screen go blank then come back)

I think iCloud Photo Library is the way to go, though!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

I experienced this also, and I'm pretty sure this is a small bug because I went so far as to delete every one of the pictures/wallpapers I had and that number didn't change after a hard reboot. It bugged me so much that I factory reset the phone just to get rid of the large capacity numbers it was showing. I haven't had the bug reappear again since a factory reset, and I didn't really see anyone else talking about it so I'm guessing this bug isn't all that prevalent.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Do you use iCloud Photo Library? Consider enabling it and using "Optimize iPhone Storage". not sure why your photos would be that large. A couple things to try:

1. Reboot - no brainer and you probably already did that
2. Clear cache - hold the power button until you see the slide to turn off animation. Release and hold the home button until the cache clears (you'll see the screen go blank then come back)

I think iCloud Photo Library is the way to go, though!

Or Google photos. More storage for cheaper.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

I use Google through my work so no reason to spend more on one drive. But that too if you need those apps

True, but if you are in need of more than 100 GB (I have 130GB on mine now), the price is actually better with Onedrive (For 1 TB, $69.99/yr vs $119.88/yr). Bottom line is that it is good to have options, and iCloud may be the easiest, but probably not the cheapest.

geonautabcn

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

I use iCloud so I see no reason to use google :) one drive is just another option.

In google photos you can keep the uploaded photos even after deleting them from your iPhone. But the pics are compressed in google photos. In Flickr you have 1 Tb free keeping the original size and resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711