iOS 11 Dev Beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
An issue I had this morning... woke up to multiple notifications overnight. Couldn't scroll past the bottom one, almost like it was locked. I could drag it up and see there were more, but it wouldn't scroll. If I persisted, it seemed like they'd come up, but reluctantly.

I've had that on 10.1.1. Part of the bottom notification shows, but can't do anything with it.

thedonp

Banned
May 19, 2017
Visit site
I will admit. I do have ****ty battery life. I’m at 27% it’s almost 2:30pm and I took it off the charger at 9:00am this morning

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I will admit. I do have ****ty battery life. I’m at 27% it’s almost 2:30pm and I took it off the charger at 9:00am this morning

What device?
I take my iPhone 7 Plus off the charger at 7:20, around 7:45 I listen to Music until 8:50 and while in train I do all kinds of stuff, like checking the news, Snapchat, Facebook, Reddit, iMore via Tapatalk, I browse through the For You section in Music, I check in at the train stations and work on Swarm (Foursquare). Essentially, I don’t let my phone sleep for almost an hour during commute.
When I arrive at work around 8:50 my battery level is at 72%. Been like that since beta2.
During work I get loads of notifications from an iMessage group with annoying people in it , (j/k love you guys), notifications from Instagram (I have set notifications for a lot of accounts if they share something on it), notifications from WhatsApp/Facebook/newsflash from my local news app and twitter notifications.
Around 10:30 I go for a coffee break and repeat everything what I did in commute, apart from listening music. Same goes for 12 and 14:30.
Around 17 I go back home with 25% battery level, at which point I charge my iPhone with a portable charger.

Edit: and oh, I have location settings on While In Use in settings for almost all apps. And I also have an Watch connected to my iPhone.

I believe my battery level would be better if I had disabled Instagram and Twitter notifications. I’m aware of that.

thedonp

Banned
May 19, 2017
Visit site
What device?
I take my iPhone 7 Plus off the charger at 7:20, around 7:45 I listen to Music until 8:50 and while in train I do all kinds of stuff, like checking the news, Snapchat, Facebook, Reddit, iMore via Tapatalk, I browse through the For You section in Music, I check in at the train stations and work on Swarm (Foursquare). Essentially, I don’t let my phone sleep for almost an hour during commute.
When I arrive at work around 8:50 my battery level is at 72%. Been like that since beta2.
During work I get loads of notifications from an iMessage group with annoying people in it , (j/k love you guys), notifications from Instagram (I have set notifications for a lot of accounts if they share something on it), notifications from WhatsApp/Facebook/newsflash from my local news app and twitter notifications.
Around 10:30 I go for a coffee break and repeat everything what I did in commute, apart from listening music. Same goes for 12 and 14:30.
Around 17 I go back home with 25% battery level, at which point I charge my iPhone with a portable charger.

I have a 7 Plus. Usually by this time I’m at 70-80%. Never in the 20’s but as we know this is the beta life. So it may get better.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Mine wasn't as good today as it was yesterday but I used it more -- iPhone 6s. I'm still happy as the beta is overall very good so far.

thedonp

Banned
May 19, 2017
Visit site
Mine wasn't as good today as it was yesterday but I used it more -- iPhone 6s. I'm still happy as the beta is overall very good so far.

No that’s true. I’ve been getting use to different things and making my findings as I go along. Still happy and I’m always near a charger. It’s not a deal breaker yet.

syphix

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
BUG: setting a live photo as a lock screen wallpaper results in a respring when doing it through the photos app. Going through settings does not, and neither does setting a photo as both lock screen and home screen wallpaper. No problem setting a Live Photo wallpaper for just the home screen through the photos app, either. Only resprings when it’s a Live Photo on the lock screen, and when applied through the photos app.

EDIT: Tried it before posting and it repeatedly did it. Now it won’t. Weird.

Will.Schafer

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Had an issue today with outgoing calls failing when the other party answered. Incoming was fine. Did a restart, and that fixed it, but it happened once more.

prithvi64

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Ofcourse, much smoother and battery is stable. But, have some concerns which haven't been addressed in this build;
1. Contact search either thru phone or contact app has lot of lag. It's irritating so much. After opening phone app, search of any contact takes lots of time.
2. Smart Invert still doesn't compatible with third party apps. Pics are shown in inverted manner in FB, Twitter & WhatsApp.

Vinu Jacob

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Ofcourse, much smoother and battery is stable. But, have some concerns which haven't been addressed in this build;
1. Contact search either thru phone or contact app has lot of lag. It's irritating so much. After opening phone app, search of any contact takes lots of time.
2. Smart Invert still doesn't compatible with third party apps. Pics are shown in inverted manner in FB, Twitter & WhatsApp.

I’m having the same issue. Which device are you using? I’m on a 6s plus.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I’m having issues with the BT connection to my Toyota. Some had issues with Beta 3; mine started with Beta 4. My phone now disconnects from the Handsfree when I place outgoing calls and intermittently during calls. I tried re-pairing my iPhone with the car BR, but that didn’t make a difference.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I’m having issues with the BT connection to my Toyota. Some had issues with Beta 3; mine started with Beta 4. My phone now disconnects from the Handsfree when I place outgoing calls and intermittently during calls. I tried re-pairing my iPhone with the car BR, but that didn’t make a difference.

I had the same issue when I was in beta 11. I am back on 10.3.3 and have 0 issues with disconnecting.

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I’m really digging the changes made to lock screen notifications

Yea, me too. That’s what got me to jump back in. Seeing 1.5 battery drain in 5 hours though. Only thing high in battery stats is dumb Facebook, 23%. Not sure if the 1.5 is good or not. Seem to think so, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro