iOS 11 Dev Beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinu Jacob

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Running this on a 6s plus, has anyone noticed that when you dial a number and hit the call button, there is a delay, between 3 and 7 seconds.. The amount of time seems to vary with each call.. another thing I noticed is that when I'm looking up a contact, it takes "forever".. yes its a scientific term :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Running this on a 6s plus, has anyone noticed that when you dial a number and hit the call button, there is a delay, between 3 and 7 seconds.. The amount of time seems to vary with each call.. another thing I noticed is that when I'm looking up a contact, it takes "forever".. yes its a scientific term :)

I’m not getting any delay when dialing a number and calling it and my contact search and search in general are quite speedy.

chefjayhawk

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
So far for me, the last 24+ hours have been great on this beta[iPhone7+ & iPad 9.7pro]. A few animation glitches here and there aside, very nice update. Battery life is so much better!!! My 7+ used to get hot when using Bluetooth and charging, that has remedied. Overall I am pleased with this beta.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Thinking of installing this on my iPad Pro. I've heard there were problems downgrading from previous betas. Is this still the case?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thinking of installing this on my iPad Pro. I've heard there were problems downgrading from previous betas. Is this still the case?

Now that I don’t know. I haven’t downgraded from a current beta in a long time.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

The issue was you had to downgrade to beta 10.3.3 beta. It stated that in the dev release notes. Most people don’t read them. It would brick if you downgraded to 10.3.2. Now that 10.3.3 has been released, there are no issues downgrading.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Had this one today. Not sure what I did but it only happened once. Overall very happy with b4 so far and I wasn’t with 1-3!
614febfc105d211937437152a900d0b1.png

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
There's still the annoying delay/freeze for a half second or so when typing a text and the typing goes to a new line.

It's really annoying.

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Something small that I noticed. In messages when you send a one line message the text is off center, like 60/40 instead of 50/50. More than two lines of text and it corrects and perfectly centers. As far as I can tell it hasn't affected performance. Also has anyone been able to see their Safari iCloud tabs from any device running iOS 11 or High Sierra, on a device running iOS 10 or lower? I even installed the developer preview of Safari 11 on my MacBook Pro running Sierra and I now can't see the tabs from it on any device thats not running iOS 11.

jdesignz

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I think this is the best or at least one of the most functional and nearest to official that iOS 11 beta build ever has! My bluetooth notifications are back and rocking! Keep it up

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Something small that I noticed. In messages when you send a one line message the text is off center, like 60/40 instead of 50/50. More than two lines of text and it corrects and perfectly centers. As far as I can tell it hasn't affected performance. Also has anyone been able to see their Safari iCloud tabs from any device running iOS 11 or High Sierra, on a device running iOS 10 or lower? I even installed the developer preview of Safari 11 on my MacBook Pro running Sierra and I now can't see the tabs from it on any device thats not running iOS 11.

I haven't noticed this. Do you have a screenshot?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
An issue I had this morning... woke up to multiple notifications overnight. Couldn't scroll past the bottom one, almost like it was locked. I could drag it up and see there were more, but it wouldn't scroll. If I persisted, it seemed like they'd come up, but reluctantly.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
An issue I had this morning... woke up to multiple notifications overnight. Couldn't scroll past the bottom one, almost like it was locked. I could drag it up and see there were more, but it wouldn't scroll. If I persisted, it seemed like they'd come up, but reluctantly.

I will keep an eye out for this, but have yet to experience it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.