iOS 11 Public Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 Public Beta 2 available

I was waiting for beta 2 and finally did it. But now nothing works unless I’m in wifi??? Non iMessages aren’t sending out or coming in. Can’t make calls. Nothing. Is there a setting that may have defaulted to cause this!?!

this isn't normal. have you restarted the device?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
iOS 11 Public Beta 2 available

I was waiting for beta 2 and finally did it. But now nothing works unless I’m in wifi??? Non iMessages aren’t sending out or coming in. Can’t make calls. Nothing. Is there a setting that may have defaulted to cause this!?!

If restarting the device doesn't work, try Reset All Settings.

Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

If restarting the device doesn't work, try Reset All Settings.

Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

I've had to do that a couple times with iOS 11. It's been a mess but that has helped when things go awry. Definitely better than starting from scratch!

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

Anyone having difficulty purchasing apps? Updates are working, but I cannot purchase anything.

Yeah I had that problem yesterday when trying to download a previously downloaded app. It just spun and spun. Gave phone a reboot and it worked fine. Only happened to me once

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Tiny bugs here and there. Other than that it’s a solid beta, been running it on my daily driver for the past couple of days.

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

Anyone having difficulty purchasing apps? Updates are working, but I cannot purchase anything.

I can’t DL new apps and can’t upgrade either. I’ve rebooted a couple times, also shut down and restarted. No luck. I didn’t have this issue earlier on same build.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I can’t DL new apps and can’t upgrade either. I’ve rebooted a couple times, also shut down and restarted. No luck. I didn’t have this issue earlier on same build.
I had to reset all settings to get it to work. Settings > General > Reset > Reset Settings

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
iOS 11 Public Beta 2 available

I had to reset all settings to get it to work. Settings > General > Reset > Reset Settings

Do you lose all saved email messages when you do that? I know the emails on the server will repopulate, but with a POP server with limited space, many of the older messages have been deleted from the server.

Edit: I found a less drastic method via a Google search. This method applies to earlier iOS versions, but essentially you sign out in the App Store app itself, reboot the phone, and sign in again. It seemed to automatically sign in on the App Store app, but in any case it worked for me.

16ecdbe5ddb2b35a1b82251a8dc9ded2.png

Last edited:

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

Battery life actually got worse for me. Battery dropped 23% in two hours without using the phone (just sitting on my desk after taking t off the charger). Decided to do a clean install and start over. We'll see how that goes.

Glad I’m not the only one getting shocking battery life on PB2. Happens on my iPhone and iPad although at least I can charge the iPad as normal again now with this beta.

Getting some very random and strange and totally unneeded auto capitalisation during typing in the middle of sentences too that I’ve never seen before this beta

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

Login to your home screen, double tap the home button, locate and swipe up to close out the music app. Now it should be removed from the lock screen.

I can’t remove that either from my iPhone. Despite the music app not being open even opening and closing it again doesn’t remove that! That’s an annoyance for sure

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Do you lose all saved email messages when you do that? I know the emails on the server will repopulate, but with a POP server with limited space, many of the older messages have been deleted from the server.
Not sure -- it doesn't touch data at all, just clears settings. I haven't had to re-add any accounts when resetting settings.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I can’t remove that either from my iPhone. Despite the music app not being open even opening and closing it again doesn’t remove that! That’s an annoyance for sure

Tell me about it! I've had it show with random stuff. Reboot will fix it temporarily but it comes back when you play any audio or video. Haven't seen it in a while though, thankfully.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

Lost ability to set Night Shift to the automatic sunrise/sunset option.

I can only Set to scheduled on/off. Not able to set scheduled time when scheduled toggled on.

Feedback submitted.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Lost ability to set Night Shift to the automatic sunrise/sunset option.

I can only Set to scheduled on/off. Not able to set scheduled time when scheduled toggled on.

Feedback submitted.

Do you have Setting Time Zone toggled on under Privacy > Location Services > System Services?

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

Do you have Setting Time Zone toggled on under Privacy > Location Services > System Services?
Yes, I've toggle off, reboot, toggled on, reboot many times. Even toggled location services in general and manually changed time zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit