Beta 2 available! Get it!

Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-12-2017 12:03 PM
    Made this a new thread and stuck.
    07-12-2017 12:22 PM
    Anyone notice any major improvements either in stability or features? I am sooo tempted to put my iPad Pro on the public beta but just wanted to check to see whether there was any real misery going on there. I am happy to ride a few bumps, and also to feedback to Apple line a good little beta fellow, but I would also quite like for my device to remain useful! Thanks for your thoughts!
    Last edited by Team George; 07-12-2017 at 12:49 PM.
    07-12-2017 12:35 PM
    Anyone notice any major improvements either in stability or features? I am sooo tempted to but my iPad Pro on the public beta but just wanted to check to see whether there was any real misery going on there. I am happy to ride a few bumps, and also to feedback to Apple line a good little beta fellow, but I would also quite like for my device to remain useful! Thanks for your thoughts!
    I am running the beta on my 10.5" pro and not really having any issues. Put it on my iPad instead of my iPhone in case any issues arise but its been really smooth even on beta 1 (couldn't say the same for my old 9.7" pro.
    bunnyhero likes this.
    07-12-2017 12:49 PM
    I am running the beta on my 10.5" pro and not really having any issues. Put it on my iPad instead of my iPhone in case any issues arise but its been really smooth even on beta 1 (couldn't say the same for my old 9.7" pro.
    Thank you - I am hearing that it is more stable on newer devices
    07-12-2017 12:51 PM
    So far for me my 7 plus is running much smoother and snappier. From what I can tell after just downloading it, it appears we have some of the perks from the Dev Beta 3. Here are a few I've noticed:

Pulling down the notifications shade now displays both your current and older alerts without the need for scrolling.
    Dropbox is now enabled for the Files App.
    Weather App information looks more pronounced then previously.
    Notes App information also looks more pronounced too.
    taeisme likes this.
    07-12-2017 01:00 PM
    So far for me my 7 plus is running much smoother and snappier. From what I can tell after just downloading it, it appears we have some of the perks from the Dev Beta 3. Here are a few I've noticed:

Pulling down the notifications shade now displays both your current and older alerts without the need for scrolling.
    Dropbox is now enabled for the Files App.
    Weather App information looks more pronounced then previously.
    Notes App information also looks more pronounced too.
    Yes it's runs smoother but this beta broke many things. Just give it time. After running this for 2 days, I say this beta sucks.
    Rockdog97 likes this.
    07-12-2017 01:15 PM
    Yes it's runs smoother but this beta broke many things. Just give it time. After running this for 2 days, I say this beta sucks.
    What things have you noticed so far that have broken?
    07-12-2017 01:17 PM
    They fixed the bug that didn’t allow you to respond to messages on the lock screen
    07-12-2017 01:25 PM
    Downloading it now...

My T-Mobile iPad 12.9 had next to no issues with PB1 and it even "fixed" a battery charge issue, restoring the charge to 100% vs. 95% with 10.x

Looking forward to PB2
    thedonp likes this.
    07-12-2017 01:51 PM
    Anyone notice any major improvements either in stability or features? I am sooo tempted to put my iPad Pro on the public beta but just wanted to check to see whether there was any real misery going on there. I am happy to ride a few bumps, and also to feedback to Apple line a good little beta fellow, but I would also quite like for my device to remain useful! Thanks for your thoughts!
    So far I noticed app switcher is fixed; after a couple tests... the auto capitalize on voice to text doesn’t happen anymore; and less overall lag. I find it actually pretty good
    taeisme and wolfee48 like this.
    07-12-2017 03:24 PM
    App switcher and closing much more stable.

Amazon videos downloaded now play without error.

Typing and predictions much more accurate.

No opinion on battery yet, been on charger all day while working.

Noting negative to note yet. Scratch that see below.

Bluetooth icon is always bold as if connected. This behavior is present on both my 6s and 6. So it’s not an isolated incident. Submitting feedback.
    07-12-2017 04:07 PM
    since my 6s is my daily driver, I'm holing off on any iOS11 until it's been officially released.. cant risk any FUBARs..
    07-12-2017 04:23 PM
    Gave it a go in the end after making an encrypted backup on the Mac. After a few glitches and the occasional crash at the start, everything seems to be working pretty well. Am impressed by how so many apps have already built in the split screen features.
    TechnologyTwitt likes this.
    07-12-2017 04:31 PM
    Seems like iMessage reply from lock screen is broken.
    07-12-2017 04:57 PM
    Seems like iMessage reply from lock screen is broken.
    It’s working properly for me.
    07-12-2017 05:08 PM
    It’s working properly for me.
    Wonder if it’s just on SE or other non force touch devices? (Mine is SE)
    07-12-2017 05:11 PM
    Wonder if it’s just on SE or other non force touch devices? (Mine is SE)
    It’s possible, but I haven’t read any more posts about it. Have you rebooted the device to see if that fixes the problem?
    thedonp likes this.
    07-12-2017 05:19 PM
    It’s possible, but I haven’t read any more posts about it. Have you rebooted the device to see if that fixes the problem?
    Yep. A couple times. Also deleted messages and turned on and off iCloud message backup. Oh well. It’s Beta for a reason!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-12-2017 05:21 PM
    I having issues with the volume buttons only raising and lowering media volume, not my ringer. Even with noting playing. Time to reboot to see if it clears...

UPDATE: somehow the setting for “change ringer/notification volume with buttons” was turned off...weird. Turned it back on, and it’s working again.
    Last edited by syphix; 07-12-2017 at 07:41 PM.
    thedonp likes this.
    07-12-2017 07:08 PM
    Still seems smoother and less issues on PB2 then on Beta 3 from what I'm reading
    07-12-2017 10:28 PM
    Swiping up on apps in the app switcher closes them like before!
    07-12-2017 10:56 PM
    So far, it is working much better than Beta 1. Keyboard typing is free from errors. Battery also seems to be better and more stable. However, some problems still;
    1. Smart Invert still showing invert pics for third party apps like Twitter, FB and WhatsApp etc.
    2. Some apps are still crashing like CamCard, Camscanner etc.
    thedonp and Premium1 like this.
    07-12-2017 11:55 PM
    Some nice bug fixes in this one. News widget is back and is working well. Weather widget is now showing location. Swiping up to close apps in the app draw is working well now. Overall much smoother and less clunky compared to beta 1.
    07-13-2017 03:15 AM
    Battery life actually got worse for me. Battery dropped 23% in two hours without using the phone (just sitting on my desk after taking t off the charger). Decided to do a clean install and start over. We'll see how that goes.
    07-13-2017 09:02 AM
95 123 ...