Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Beta 2 available! Get it!

55387149577f93b2ea5e92ba9e1d4db2.png

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
iOS 11 Public Beta 2 available

Anyone notice any major improvements either in stability or features? I am sooo tempted to put my iPad Pro on the public beta but just wanted to check to see whether there was any real misery going on there. I am happy to ride a few bumps, and also to feedback to Apple line a good little beta fellow, but I would also quite like for my device to remain useful! Thanks for your thoughts!

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 Public Beta 2 available

Anyone notice any major improvements either in stability or features? I am sooo tempted to but my iPad Pro on the public beta but just wanted to check to see whether there was any real misery going on there. I am happy to ride a few bumps, and also to feedback to Apple line a good little beta fellow, but I would also quite like for my device to remain useful! Thanks for your thoughts!

I am running the beta on my 10.5" pro and not really having any issues. Put it on my iPad instead of my iPhone in case any issues arise but its been really smooth even on beta 1 (couldn't say the same for my old 9.7" pro.

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site

I am running the beta on my 10.5" pro and not really having any issues. Put it on my iPad instead of my iPhone in case any issues arise but its been really smooth even on beta 1 (couldn't say the same for my old 9.7" pro.

Thank you - I am hearing that it is more stable on newer devices

Bigchris

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

So far for me my 7 plus is running much smoother and snappier. From what I can tell after just downloading it, it appears we have some of the perks from the Dev Beta 3. Here are a few I've noticed:

Pulling down the notifications shade now displays both your current and older alerts without the need for scrolling.
Dropbox is now enabled for the Files App.
Weather App information looks more pronounced then previously.
Notes App information also looks more pronounced too.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

So far for me my 7 plus is running much smoother and snappier. From what I can tell after just downloading it, it appears we have some of the perks from the Dev Beta 3. Here are a few I've noticed:

Pulling down the notifications shade now displays both your current and older alerts without the need for scrolling.
Dropbox is now enabled for the Files App.
Weather App information looks more pronounced then previously.
Notes App information also looks more pronounced too.

Yes it's runs smoother but this beta broke many things. Just give it time. After running this for 2 days, I say this beta sucks.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

Downloading it now...

My T-Mobile iPad 12.9 had next to no issues with PB1 and it even "fixed" a battery charge issue, restoring the charge to 100% vs. 95% with 10.x

Looking forward to PB2

Robbenezer

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Anyone notice any major improvements either in stability or features? I am sooo tempted to put my iPad Pro on the public beta but just wanted to check to see whether there was any real misery going on there. I am happy to ride a few bumps, and also to feedback to Apple line a good little beta fellow, but I would also quite like for my device to remain useful! Thanks for your thoughts!

So far I noticed app switcher is fixed; after a couple tests... the auto capitalize on voice to text doesn’t happen anymore; and less overall lag. I find it actually pretty good

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

App switcher and closing much more stable.

Amazon videos downloaded now play without error.

Typing and predictions much more accurate.

No opinion on battery yet, been on charger all day while working.

Noting negative to note yet. Scratch that see below.

Bluetooth icon is always bold as if connected. This behavior is present on both my 6s and 6. So it’s not an isolated incident. Submitting feedback.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

since my 6s is my daily driver, I'm holing off on any iOS11 until it's been officially released.. cant risk any FUBARs..

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site

Gave it a go in the end after making an encrypted backup on the Mac. After a few glitches and the occasional crash at the start, everything seems to be working pretty well. Am impressed by how so many apps have already built in the split screen features.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Wonder if it’s just on SE or other non force touch devices? (Mine is SE)

It’s possible, but I haven’t read any more posts about it. Have you rebooted the device to see if that fixes the problem?

mikem#AC

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

It’s possible, but I haven’t read any more posts about it. Have you rebooted the device to see if that fixes the problem?

Yep. A couple times. Also deleted messages and turned on and off iCloud message backup. Oh well. It’s Beta for a reason!

syphix

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

I having issues with the volume buttons only raising and lowering media volume, not my ringer. Even with noting playing. Time to reboot to see if it clears...

UPDATE: somehow the setting for “change ringer/notification volume with buttons” was turned off...weird. Turned it back on, and it’s working again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox