iOS 11 Dev Beta 3 is now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(10274390)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
Just installed.
Seems much faster but 3D Touch on home screen totally screwed up. Getting bored with this, beta after beta. Cannot believe they are not able to easily make it work.
No improvement on task switcher also.
Will keep on testing.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Running it. I like it so far.
Dropbox is added to Files app, but moving files from one app to the other is still not supported (yet).
Moving apps in the iMessage App Drawer seems to work properly now, this wasn’t the case in beta 2.
Safari seems snappier.

Feel free to post whatever you think may have changed, feels different.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Just installed.
Seems much faster but 3D Touch on home screen totally screwed up. Getting bored with this, beta after beta. Cannot believe that are not able to easily make it work. Will keep on testing.

There’s A LOT of code, and A LOT of new stuff, even if we don’t see a lot of it. One change in code can change how code works in numerous other areas. That’s why they use developers to beta test. Find where the software fails and how to reproduce it so they can fix the code in all the right places. Even that may end borking the code elsewhere again. That’s where this hilarious coding joke comes from, “99 bugs in the code, 99 bugs, fix a bug and patch it around, 105 bugs in the code.” Or something along those lines. The more complex these codes become the more bugs there will be and the more updates will be required to fix them.

anon(10274390)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
What, pray tell, is screwed with 3D Touch on Home Screen?
I totally have no issues at all.

iPhone 7plus for me.
3D Touch on a app from home screen always laggy or delayed opening app widget.
Beta after beta results is not the same but always far from being Perfect. Works well on iPhone 6...

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
iPhone 7plus for me.
3D Touch on a app from home screen always laggy or delayed opening app widget.
Beta after beta results is not the same but always far from being Perfect. Works well on iPhone 6...

That’s inherent to betas. I can’t emphasize this enough.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
How is iMessage? The one thing that drove me nuts with beta 2 was the half second or so freezes I had when composing a text.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
How is iMessage? The one thing that drove me nuts with beta 2 was the half second or so freezes I had when composing a text.

No issues. Even with beta 2 it was performing well. I am using it quite a lot, which others can vouch for in this thread, and I don’t have issues with it, so far.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I’m missing something, but you only have the option to clear recent notifications one at a time?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven’t come across any glitches as of yet, and it appears to be running quite smoothly on my iPhone. I’ll update the iPad Pro later this afternoon. I’m back in Orlando, but I still have a lot to do....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234